Shipping

Travel discussion for St. John
Gizzmo

Shipping

Post by Gizzmo »

Well I THOUGHT I was being pretty smart to ship a box ahead and not deal with luggage. An 18"x18"x14" box that weighs 8 lbs. Shipping from Tampa to Coral Bay.
UPS $334 DHL $317 .....you gotta be frigid kidding me! Will be in St John in 11 days so I don't believe the Post Office is an answer. If anybody has an idea please let me know asap.

YES I WILL HAVE ANOTHER PAIN KILLER! :twisted:
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I shipped a box via USPS priority and it took about 14 days. UPS and DHL are really iffy sometimes and I was not going to trust it. It can sit in STT sometimes for a few days before it gets over to STJ.
Pia may know a better way but I think with 11 days you will have to suck it up and check some luggage.Sorry.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
MrsCARolph

Post by MrsCARolph »

USPS Priority Mail is reasonably priced. I was floored at how much FedEx and UPS wanted to charge me. I'm only shipping lotion and shampoo--things I could replace if they were lost, so I'm going with USPS.
Andrea266

Post by Andrea266 »

I wouldn't chance it. I think I've told this story on this message board before, but I shipped two boxes from the same post office in the states to St. John on the same day -- one priority, one slow mail. The slow mail box arrived BEFORE the priority box did! You really can't count on the mail service here to deliver things on a specified date.
MrsCARolph

Post by MrsCARolph »

A Virgin Islands Guide Book I read said that the USPS has about 85% delivery rate for mail in the islands---yikes! :?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:03 pm.