What's your favorite thing about St. John?

Travel discussion for St. John
Littlecheeze

What's your favorite thing about St. John?

Post by Littlecheeze »

I know that there's too many things to count, but just name a few things you like!

1. Beaches
2. Villas
3. NO SCHOOL! :D
"Changes in latitude changes in attitude"

Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

I love this post!
ummm....hanging at the villa/swimming in the pool
woodys for appetizers!
donkey diner for pizza
beach bar at sunset to see forumites!

(all with our kids in tow!)
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Being with Littlecheese and her Bro DJ onthe Rock...

Swimming with turtles...playing on the beach...dancing to Brown Eyed Girl at High Tide...hiking...liming at the pool back at the villa...etc etc etc Having her do a count down to our next stay
Mrs. B

Post by Mrs. B »

1.Painkillers
2.Bushwackers
3.Lime-in-d coconut
Chris @ Work

Post by Chris @ Work »

Watching the waves, listening to the wind, recharging the batteries and reviving the soul.
Total decompression.
[/url]
loria

Post by loria »

also LOVE this post, thanks li'l cheeze..!. i love that i completely decompress as i hit the tarmac in STT
love sitting on the beach and snorkeling with my kids (if they are there) . seeing great friends who are there....
and i have to agree..even though i am out of school...I LOVE the that while we are there--there is NO SCHOOL (you rock LC!)
Last edited by loria on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Island friends, island time and chillaxing
Tom
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

little arms around my neck, big wet salt water kisses, and hugs while bobbing at Maho. (I love his daddy's kisses too)

Little PA (6yo) says his favorite thing about STJ is the star fish at Maho and the turtles (at Maho).
strat62

Re: What's your favorite thing about St. John?

Post by strat62 »

Littlecheeze wrote:I know that there's too many things to count, but just name a few things you like!

1. Beaches
2. Villas
3. NO SCHOOL! :D
will let you know in 12 days! :D
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Wow! That's a tough one!
Mine's a toss-up,naturally,so I'll try to put it all together;
Smelling the scents of the island,first and foremost- the water,trees,local eateries, and just plain ALL of it on the first journey across the island as we get gooey sinking into "island time". Roll through the North Shore hills,down through the hollow over Maho( I think THAT'S my all time favorite thing; sweeping into & through that hollow just before Maho on our first day-and falling in love again & again with it, while realizing the beauty that's just around the next corner) towards whichever villa in Coral Bay. Drop the bags at the home and marvel at how different & usually more lovely it is ( 99% of the time-we choose a different villa every trip...)compared to the pix on line,and then go straight to Aqua Bistro for an adult beverage to relax our shoulders as we dream about what the vaca holds before us. AB is my favorite bar ever,by the way...
So to sum it up,I have to say our first day is my favorite thing. That or the unbelievably subdued relaxed excitement on my Sweethearts' face while we splash around on Maho.
Thanks for the question,Little Cheese! I love talking to people who know exactly what I'm talking about!
Smiles-
MJ
Bonny in CA

Post by Bonny in CA »

Swimming with turtles, meeting new island friends, oh and EVERYTHING!!!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

This topic could be a whole book if answered completely. My shorter answer would be the feeling of being on the island. As the song says, it's the ability to be as you are.

The longer answer is the weightless feeling of diving. It's the beauty of the beaches and marine life. Also the lack of schedule or commitments. Three more things...bushwackers, bushwackers, bushwackers. Driving on the left. Serpentine paths to avoid donkeys. Great food. Meeting old friends for the first time.

Oh, there is so much more.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

The ferry ride
The Cruz Bay walkabout
The beach of the day
Or my favorite -- just sailing around and finding the perfect anchorage for the day.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

So hard to put into words but mostly, as with the breathtaking beauty and healing energy of the place, for me it is as much about the intangible. I feel so fortunate to have been able to experience a place like this with the people I love the most. As special as the island is, though, for me the destination is not as important as the ritual.

This thread sparked a memory in me so I went digging through an old trip report where I tried to put into words what this island means to me. It was about creating special memories for my small family the way my folks did for my brother and sisters and I on our vacations on the Jersey shore growing up. Annual family vacations, for them, and now for us have been a way to mark time-as each year's photos and journals reflect how quickly time passes, children grow and life flies. Was thinking of my boys:
I want them to have flashbacks of little insignificant moments of chldhood that make them feel blessed. I hope they remember the sounds of the peepers, feeding the banaquits, playing 20 questions on the beach and giggling hysterically at something totally silly while we were on vacation together with no work, no school, no chores and no schedules. I still wish I could freeze time, or maybe just fast forward and rewind as desired.
conchman

Post by conchman »

Just being...
http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

"If I had trouble the warranty said, Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On"