Parking suggestions for JFK

Travel discussion for St. John
Mar

Parking suggestions for JFK

Post by Mar »

Hi Forum friends
Any advice or suggestions for either stay and park for nearby hotels to JFK or any recommendations for long term parking facilities for JFK? Any help is greatly appreciated. Do you prefer to park your car long term right at the airport or do you use off site lots? or stay the night before at a nearby hotel and pay to keep the car at the hotel? Any issues with the cars being safe?

As always many thanks for your help and advice!!
larlardb8

Post by larlardb8 »

I'd also like to know! We usually fly from PHL or Newark but found great airfare from JFK ($330 roundtrip nonstop) so will be making the trek from Bethlehem, PA to JFK in July and are not familiar with the airport.
Thanks!
Laurie
Mango

Post by Mango »

I used ParkRideFlyUSA.com last time & it worked very well. Rates were pretty good & they provide quick shuttle service. It's a private, fenced lot so I don't have any security concerns. There are other companies that offer the same type of service. I would definately use them again.
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

We usually stay at one of the Park,Fly and ride hotels at JFK since our flight leaves early am and I don't want to risk any problems driving from NJ. We get there late afternoon the day before, have dinner at the hotel (which is not memorable) and hit the sack.

There are not too many hotels that have this service and they all have different lengths of stay that they let you leave your car. We go for 10 days so we do have to pay for part of the parking but it's worth it to hop on the shuttle and be at they airport in 5 minutes.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

You might try posting this question in the Off Topic forum or perhaps on a New York specific forum like on Trip Advisor.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

I've used Avistar which I believe is now called "The Parking Spot",both com up with Google, they are off site about 5-10 minute shuttle ride take you to your terminal- pretty painless at about $15 a day, I've used them a dozen times without any issues
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I always use Parksleepfly.com works out great
Tom
loria

Post by loria »

the onsite long term lot is fairly reasonable-- and you get the free shuttle straight to the terminal so you don't have to wait for someone to come from some off site place. http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-parking.html

I use this lot all the time and have NEVER had an issue
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
GoldenDaze

Post by GoldenDaze »

Here is another vote for Avistar @ JFK. We stay at the Days Inn the night before, shoebox of a room but for 1 night it is fine. We usually pick up sandwiches for a room picnic. Get up early and head over to Avistar in the morning and take their shuttle. The park/sleep/fly options are limited at JFK.

There are many hotels on No. Conduit Ave, check out Google maps to be sure the hotel you select is near the parking place and not too far from the terminal.
lovest.john

Post by lovest.john »

If you are looking for parking only, try www.airportparkingreservations.com. You put your information in and it comes back with rates from many lots around the airport. I have only used it for Newark airport, but the rates quoted were cheaper than those I got going directly to the different parking websites.
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

We have used avistar and airportparking.com and have no complaints. They both also usually have coupons/discounts if you book online
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Wow, good info on the Avistar. JFK does offer some good flight prices and even more importantly, direct, so I've done that departure several times. We usually just do long term parking and then take the airbus to our American Airlines terminal (I believe its AA Terminal 8). Easy to navigate to your gate. The long term parking fees are definitely more than $15.00 per day. Happy travels!!! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
brooklyn

Post by brooklyn »

Avistar n/k/a The Parking Spot. Look for coupons when you print your boarding pass, Parking Spot has coupons on its website and if all else fails they'll give you a AAA discount.
Mar

THANK YOU!!

Post by Mar »

Thank you to all for the great info!!
Mar

Post by Mar »

just bumping this to see if anyone has any advice to add for flying out of JFK??

Where do you prefer to park your car? Long term parking? Anyone know--Is it $18/day??

Park at a nearby hotel?? A friend used the parking at Hilton Garden Inn.... I think it was $21/day

If anyone has any advice please....and thank you !! :)