Airline

Travel discussion for St. John
CreativeName

Airline

Post by CreativeName »

If you could get to St. Thomas at 3:30 pm instead of 5:30 pm and save $100 a ticket would you fly Spirit over American? I've never flown Spirit so I have no context for comparison. It will be myself, my wife, and our 5 year old traveling.

Thank you for any advice.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Did you add on Spirits extra fees - reserved seating, checked bags (and I think carry on bags), check in etc :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
CreativeName

Post by CreativeName »

I did not. Thanks for the heads up Pia. Even with that, the extra two hours is still on my mind. Mostly because our only other trip we arrived around 3:30 and managed to get over to STJ and get our car and to our villa before dark. Still being pretty new to this makes me a little wary of navigating in the dark on my first night. Probably over thinking it.
Pia

Post by Pia »

There is something good to say about arriving in the daylight :)
Realtor - St John Properties
ncsusan

airline

Post by ncsusan »

We flew Spirit Airlines the last two years. The price was great. The planes was clean and left on time and actually arrived early both times.

We didn't select our seats ahead of time we just got to the airport early and had no trouble getting seats together. (Last year there were 11 of us and this year there was 9). Overall for the price I would highly recommend it. We saved over $4500 flying Spirit over the past two years. We banked our savings and its paying a good portion of our villa for next year and yes we'll be flying Spirit again.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

It depends, are you renting your car on STT or STJ?

If you're renting on STT then you'll have to take the earlier flight to make the car barge. Though the car rental places on STJ close around 5-ish I believe so you might have an issue either way.

We had a dreadful experience on Spirit a few years ago and I'm not even sure if I would fly with them again if they gave me the tickets for free.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We have flown them our last 4 trips to STJ and once to Ft Lauderdale(08)for a cruise as well as Niagara Falls last yr..and (knock on wood) have not had any problems..never been late (knock on wood again)..and dont pay for seats..we just wait til we get there and see what assigned for us..I had them change a date on us when we were going to Ft Lauderdale for the cruise...the change day didnt work for us...so I called and got the original flight day back..so far so good...and we are scheduled to fly with them for our up coming trip..even if we check and bag...the tickets are usually much cheaper even when adding the cost for checking a bag..all in all...any flight can run the risk of being delayed...and about 95% are requiring paymt for checked bags..personally if I were you...Id book it..
[/url]
KCRVDF

Post by KCRVDF »

Anybody think of fly JetBlue?

Two daily departures from San Juan and one from Boston.

SJU 8:06am arrived STT at 8:43am
STT 9:20am arrives SJU at 10:00am

SJU 3:00pm arrives STT at 3:45pm
STT 5:30pm arrives SJU at 6:00pm

The schedule will change with the time change but you can get some good deals if you look. jetblue.com

Love this airline, friendly people and easy check in with alot of charges.