Post by parafins »

HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Oh, I hate that :cry: :cry: :cry:
Image[/url]
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

:evil: I know clicking the "Dislike" button doesn't make any difference, but I clicked it continuosly throught the whole thing.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

bdkane

Post by bdkane »

How depressing, the music in the video is even depressing!

let me ask, is this the land that I read somebody donated but because of $250K in back taxes it had to be auctioned off? what a screwed up system.

Ive never been to the campgrounds... is this actually "Maho" beach - right on the side of the road or is there another beach?
MaineSail

Post by MaineSail »

Sooo Sad!!!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

eat, drink, & be merry!
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

OMG, a luxury resort? Am I wrong in understanding that the park would need to approve any sale that occurs in the boundary? If so, perhaps a political movement is in order...a petition drive or something.

A resort would RUIN the northshore in my opinion. Just one step closer to the St Thomas'ing of STJ.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Don't want to assume,but I think we've all had this sinking feeling for some time now.
Still, I don't want to believe it...
We'll get through this together,friends...
(throwing up in my mouth a little bit, behind the)
Smiles-
MJ
mit43

Post by mit43 »

Did you notice any contact information? Kinda strange...
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
loria

Post by loria »

this is islandia real estaes you tube account--

here is the listing... ugh...

http://www.islandiavi.com/Details.cfm?m ... &type=land
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
parafins

Post by parafins »

bdkane wrote:How depressing, the music in the video is even depressing!

let me ask, is this the land that I read somebody donated but because of $250K in back taxes it had to be auctioned off? what a screwed up system.

Ive never been to the campgrounds... is this actually "Maho" beach - right on the side of the road or is there another beach?
Little Maho Beach is the one.I stayed @ Maho Camps last May and I fell in love with the resort/campground.If you get a chance,please visit.The views of Whistling Cay from the restaurant are priceless!
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

parafins wrote:
bdkane wrote:How depressing, the music in the video is even depressing!

Little Maho Beach is the one.I stayed @ Maho Camps last May and I fell in love with the resort/campground.If you get a chance,please visit.The views of Whistling Cay from the restaurant are priceless!
Thank you- I was just looking at a map and now see "little Maho" in comparison to Maho. I will be visiting STJ in July and will make it a point to get there...
lprof

Post by lprof »

Fractional ownership anyone??? "Virgin-Islands-On-Line St John Forum Group"... 1550 (about half registered) members paying $15,000. each, would buy it! Who is the money genius here? Who wants to live on St John and manage the Forum's Maho Bay Camp? Own Little Maho Bay Beach!!!

Just a little dreaming here... :cry: Sorry!

The Trust for Public Land attempted to buy this property and then would have sold it to the Virgin Islands National Park for a more reasonable amount, but that plan has fallen through. It is my understanding that the Park will have no say in what becomes of the 13.8 acres. I hope I am wrong.

The two most recent articles I have found may explain the situation as is now. This property has been for sale for several years.

From June, 2011
http://www.stjohntradewindsnews.com/ind ... &Itemid=38

and from the Maho Bay Campground Facebook page, November 18, 2011

Maho Bay Camps
The Maho landowners have just extended the lease through June of 2013. I agreed to this with great relief. This last lease extension will offer everyone an opportunity to enjoy Maho for two more winter seasons.

I will not accept another short-term extension. We will either get a long-term lease which will allow for some wonderful capital improvements and investment in new technologies or close at the end of the lease in June 2013.

You can imagine the stress and anxiety of our employees, boat captains, artists, concessionaires and all the small businesses who make Maho special, not knowing if they have a job next year and who need to prepare for their own future.

This additional year means a great deal to our guests, staff, and the Island of St. John. It means that we all get extra time to do or redo some of our most favorite things. It has been a tough year for many which meant the possibility of not visiting Maho one last time. We hope this will afford you the opportunity. There is a special magic here that cannot be found anywhere else, and we are all grateful to have just a little more time to enjoy it.

I hope you are as excited as we are about this extra time we have acquired. For all of you that have already booked for May 2012, have no worries. We will be changing those rates back to our standard low season rates and will adjust your reservations accordingly.

Once again, I am so pleased to be able to share this news with everyone and hope to see you at Maho.

Best,

Stanley Selengut
... no longer a stranger to paradise
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Very sad. :cry:
Nancie-Pa

post subject

Post by Nancie-Pa »

I remember reading about this last year. That's one of the reasons I booked a stay there from end of May to first week in June. (Well,that and the fact it's the least expensive place to stay on the island) :wink:
I'm glad I get to experience it before it's gone. :cry: One can only hope they build discreetly ala Caneel or even the Westin and not like that eyesore in Cruz Bay. Time will tell.
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We would be all in on the fractional ownership thing! Any thing to preserve this place and keep it out of the hands of those wishing to restrict access to one of the most beautiful places on the island! (Shades of Caneel) Capn. Dan even said that he wishes we would win the lottery so we could buy it and lease it back to Stanley to keepit like it is!