Casa Bueno vs Bay Rum Breeze

Travel discussion for St. John
INfamily

Casa Bueno vs Bay Rum Breeze

Post by INfamily »

We are planning an early May trip to St John and we are considering 2 villas.....
Casa Bueno and Bay Rum Breeze. Does anyone have insight on either (or both) of these villas? We are a group of 5 and I think we'll love the mid-island location.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Both villas are wonderful with fabulous views. The only difference I can see is there is a short stretch of rough road leading to Bay Rum Breeze where the road is all paved up to Casa Bueno. There is a bit more parking space at Bay Rum Breeze. I think the bathrooms at Bay Rum Breeze are nicer and there is a hot tub as well. Our family will be at Bay Rum Breeze for the second time in June.

Here's the link to a few more pictures of BRB https://picasaweb.google.com/1150015596 ... rGPO585Hiw#
papabou

Post by papabou »

we stayed at casa b late summer 2009 and loved her and the location but did miss sunsets from our normal west facing villas. only negative for us senior citizens was a bunch of steps from parking to main level where everything is.

have been watching bayrum for possible stay since hit market. love parking on main level, great outdoor baths, larger pool and sw views to top of mt bordeaux (cb is cut into east face of mt). would love to go back to casa b and would like bay rum but for the 2 person rate which is 50% more (3450 + 8% for br) vs 2576 including 8% for cb. yet the 5/6 person rates are about same. doesn't seem normal. may want to call manager (marc miller of james miller properties and inquire). for the same money i'd take bay rum.

i believe driving time to any of beaches, and to cruz bay and coral bay would be about same from either and both are especially convenient to cinnamon, maho, &francis bays, and dropping down into coral bay.

my take? can't go wrong.

papabou
INfamily

Post by INfamily »

Thanks for the info. I think we are leaning towards either Bay Rum Breeze or Coral Oasis. My sun loving daughters think there isn't enough space for sunbathing at Coral Oasis, but it is a beautiful villa.
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

Hi We had the chance to meet Ellen and Gary and see Bay Rum Breeze when we were down at Thankgiving. What an outstanding villa with the most beautiful view.

Happy Villa Hunting!
[/url]