Ted's Supper Club or others for Anniv dinner

Travel discussion for St. John
tigers78

Ted's Supper Club or others for Anniv dinner

Post by tigers78 »

Hello everyone - we are getting close now for our 30th anniv trip ! Considering Ted's Supper Club or other recommendation for a nice dinner at our villa for the two of us. Any recommendations would be great. Have some reviews but always looks like cooking for a big group and not just 2. Also any other chefs that you like ? Thank you for all the help on this forum.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am a huge fan of Mathayom!
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

I posted a review under St John Dining Reviews, but I can say that the meal that Ted prepared for our 20th anniversary in March was one of the best we've ever had. Even though it was just the 2 of us, we went with the "full meal deal". My wife loves lobster but she's not real big on a lot of other seafood, so he included a NY striploin for her. We started with pan-fried tuna dumplings, followed by an amazing lobster and ravioli appetizer, skillet roasted focaccia, baby field greens and prosciutto ... we were pretty well done by this point ..., oven roasted NY striploin (for my wife) and potato-wrapped Mahi (for me), finishing off with Ted's wonderful chocolate molten cakes. While we visited with Ted and then ate, he prepared and cooked the food, served it to us, then cleaned the whole kitchen and washed all the dishes. He also wrapped the leftovers up and put them in the fridge "for a little snack" the next day. Ted is a delight and thoroughly enjoys what he does; my wife described him as "vibrant".

It was such a special treat to be able to have such an amazing meal right at our "home for a week" and not have to worry about a thing. We'll definitely give Ted a call the next time we're on the island.

Have a great time celebrating your 30th!!
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"