Hats!

Travel discussion for St. John
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

My son picked up a palm frond hat from the guy who makes the in the park right in front of the fery dock.Guy wanted 10.00 for it son told him he didn't have ten only five the guy took it well when my son went into his wallet all he had was tens and bigger so he asked me for 5 so he got his hat for nothing
augie

Post by augie »

I have a large straw lifeguard hat that is the best beach hat ever. Problem is it doesn't pack well and my wife acts like she doesn't want to be seen with me when I wear it on a plane!

So it gets mostly local duty and my workhorse (workhat?) is a canvas quiksilver hat.
Come see us!
LSU Beach Tiger

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

My scalp always seem to burn where my hair parts. This trip I'm bringing a straw cowboy hat, Old Navy & even Walmart has some cute ones right now for really cheap. I think they look so cute with bathing suits and sundresses.
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

MrB wrote:More clouds, it's my riversmallies.com cap.
I have a riversmallies.com cap, too! Mine is a bitragged and worn from a few too many dunkings in the river :oops: I blame those darn rocks that jump in front of me...
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I always take a few visors with me...with the humidity in STJ, I stay cooler with the top "open".
MrB

Post by MrB »

Ron_L wrote:
MrB wrote:More clouds, it's my riversmallies.com cap.
I have a riversmallies.com cap, too! Mine is a bitragged and worn from a few too many dunkings in the river :oops: I blame those darn rocks that jump in front of me...
Are you Ron_L over there too? I'll look for ya in a month when I get the itch....i have to stay away until then.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Probably not cute but I wear a khaki boonie I bought from Kohls great for the beach and hiking.
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

MrB wrote:Are you Ron_L over there too? I'll look for ya in a month when I get the itch....i have to stay away until then.
RonL... They don't allow special characters in the user name. I haven't been active there for a while, but I re-registered. Too much stuff going on around here and not enough time to fish! I have to change that!
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I never have worn a hat, but the part in my hair does burn, so thanks for the ideas. I might have to try a hat next time.
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

I wish I could wear those cute sun hats :( But I seem to have a large head and those "one size fits all" hats just don't fit.
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Had to get a new kellyanna Chesney hat this year. Dorfman Pacific Co.

Lil' kellyanna is modeling it. Had to take a quick picture because she kept throwing it on the ground.

I also wear ball caps as well. Have a Life is Good hat that is cute. And of course I've got an LSU ball cap.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Lil Kellyanna is just precious! And i love that hat with the shells around the brim, going to have to look Dorfman Pacific up online! Yay for spring weather, the kids can play outside! Going to 70 here in Chadds Ford Pa. :D
MrB

Post by MrB »

Ron_L wrote:
MrB wrote:Are you Ron_L over there too? I'll look for ya in a month when I get the itch....i have to stay away until then.
RonL... They don't allow special characters in the user name. I haven't been active there for a while, but I re-registered. Too much stuff going on around here and not enough time to fish! I have to change that!

I'm Mudshark over there....I was that here too for a bit, but MrsB isn't MrsShark here, and she was first. ;)

I won't even go over there until I'm ready to get out on the water...it's too tempting reading Susquehanna reports. My Yak is still in it's winter position, and there it will stay until I am SURE it's time to hit the water.
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

Kellyanna, that's super cute!

I always feel like I have to be able to "pull off" a hat, so I'm just going to have to get over that and wear one.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Cute daughter kellyanna!
:)
I have thought about starting a thread that was called "the kids you leave behind to go to the USVI".