Florida Moving Blog - new post

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Florida Moving Blog - new post

Post by California Girl »

We're heading down to Fort Myers in the morning, I'll be blogging from there if you're interested!

I don't think I should keep posting links here, so if you want to be notified each time I add a post, please subscribe using the link at the bottom of the page. I promise you won't get any junk mail! :D

http://floridadventure2012.wordpress.co ... ere-we-go/
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

I hope it sells quickly and easily (as much as a short sale can be easy). How exciting to be going to Ft Meyers to start doing some real scoping out of places.
I spotted the tropical things in your home - starfish, turtle and fish on the walls, palm tree rug, and thought one of the paintings was tropical from what I could see. We decorate our house with tropical things too, so I enjoyed seeing your decor.
California Girl

Thanks! I'm very excited to go to Fort Myers and put everything I've been looking at on Google Earth into 3D! We'll also be meeting with a property manager while we're there so we can get a relationship going for renting a house down the road.

Yes, we're pretty tropical around here, most of what's on the walls is pictures of St. John! Surprise! :lol: Going to Florida won't be much of a culture shock for us!
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

I wish you luck with your move!

I notice some STJ influence in your house...

Trunk Bay/Sea Turtle/Sea Star etc. NICE :D
Connie

Post by Connie »

I hope you sell quickly Margo.

We love the Fort Myers area, especially Sanibel, although we could never afford there.

I know it's public knowledge (MLS), but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting too much information on you website. Such as when you are gone (away from the house).

JMO
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Great for you! Best of luck!
Terry

Post by Terry »

Margo,
Somewhat like you...I need to be able to live in flip flops for the rest of my life.

Best of luck and can't wait to hear the results of your trip.

T.
California Girl

Connie wrote:
I know it's public knowledge (MLS), but I wouldn't feel comfortable putting too much information on you website. Such as when you are gone (away from the house).

JMO
Normally I wouldn't Connie, but we have realtors & prospective buyers walking through our house every day looking at it, and a pet sitter also going in every day, so I think we're pretty ok in that respect. If we were home, there'd be about the same amount of activity. Thanks for your concern.
California Girl

By the way.... we got an offer and have signed the papers and e-mailed them back to our realtor. :D
Terry

Post by Terry »

OMG! That is incredibly fast. However, you were listing it very reasonably too, or so it seemed.

Wonderful news for you two!

Be ready to sign more papers than you've ever had to sign at closing before. We just refinanced one of our rentals and it has gotten ridiculous. Between the banks and the gov't, there is even a paper that needs signing requiring you to leave a roll of TP on the spool! :wink:
California Girl

Yes, it was very fast, less than a week! But they priced our house so low, it's not surprising! We should sell it and then buy it back! LOL! We're already e-mailing, signing & scanning papers from Florida (where we are this week)!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:09 am.