Florida Relocation - new post

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Ewww...those lizards are creepy looking. Seeing them in a zoo or park is one thing, but that's a lot of these creatures in one area.

I really enjoy the banner on your blog. It makes me smile when I go to your blog. I have many happy memories of going to Florida as a child to visit my beloved grandparents, then as an adult on vacation with my beloved hubby.

Not sure the location of the picture on the F but it reminds me of the pretty color waters of the Gulf.

The L has the classic and beautiful flamingos. There is a small old-timey park called Sarasota Jungle Gardens that has lots of flamingos you can feed..what else but flamingo food. (You buy it for 50 cents at gift shop). I still love going there when I am in the area.

The O seems to have the typical Florida vegetation. Love palmettos and palm trees.

The R with yummy Florida oranges. Love the fresh squeezed orange juice at the groves.

The I with the space shuttle - such an awesome thing. Wish we could have seen it take off. So hard to time it to be there at the right time.

The D with tropical sunset and palm tree silhouettes is lovely.

The A is such a Florida classic. I remember going to Cypress Gardens as a child and seeing the water ski shows. It was such a fun thing.

THanks for sharing your adventure. I'm going to take notes for when my hubby and I follow in those tracks.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thank you so much! I made the banner myself and chose each picture for each particular letter. The "O" is the Seal of Florida, no wonder it's so representative! :D I just searched for images that were sort of "kitchy" and how I think of Florida in my mind! (I don't know how I didn't include Don Johnson! LOL!)
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

What a crazy coincidence! We too are looking to relocate to Cape Coral. We are also planning a road trip down in about 3 weeks. We also found the costs very appealing. Since we can't afford to live on St. John we figure this is the next best thing. We have identified 20 homes and 10 condos and are trying to decide what we want to do. We will watch your progress closely.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey dannyboy! You are the 3rd person who's come forward to tell me they're looking at Cape Coral! It seems that maybe now is the time to buy...maybe there's a new boom coming! I'm starting to feel like I'm one of the rats crowding to the bow of a sinking ship called "The Economy!" :lol:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:50 am.