Calypso Cove - Fish Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
greyhoundmom

Calypso Cove - Fish Bay

Post by greyhoundmom »

An update to my villa review. For some reason, for the last two days every time I try to reply to anything, I get a message that says there is an error in the script and do I want to reply or exit?? I don't know, I have tried to post on my personal e-mail and at work and keep getting the same message. So, new post: I received a very nice reply from Laura Brego, Destination St. John, about two days ago. From my review she said she was both suprised and distressed about the issues we encountered. She said she was looking into every one of the issues we described. She was especially concerned about the personnel experience. She said the maintenance person we encountered was no longer employed with them. She said she was happy to hear that the injury was not serious. She said Calypso Cove is a wonderful little house but it does have its peculiarities and also if they had better described the property they could have avoided some of the disappointment that we experienced. She did not address the other "peculiarities" such as the pool situation, the mosquitos, the air conditioner connected by dryer vent that came out of the wall or the bad overgrown yard and piles of dried trash raked up. I guess that was the maintenance person's job. I would say, please drive by your rental property to make sure it is in good shape for your new renter. She did say that we can have a 25% discount either high or low season from any of their rental villas. It was a good reply...guess it doesn't hurt to post a not so great review. Thank you, Laura.