Any one been to Amsterdam

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Any one been to Amsterdam

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We were thinking of Amsterdam for a vacation away from STj one year. I will miss it, but want to expand my horizons. We want to know your experience. Expense, places to stay, eat, transportation etc.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Amsterdam and staying in a houseboat on the canal is on our list of places to visit.

Here is how I want to do it:

I want to take a transatlantic cruise over to Copenhagen, then tour Europe starting at that point, going by train, plane and automobile going over to Finland, then down to Amsterdam - then down into Vienna - all of the way down to Italy, over to Spain, up to London, and then take another transatlantic back.

I'm thinking on being gone for 3 - 4 months...

I hope I make it. LOL
Coden
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Coden, if you pass Sweden on your Europe trip, you have to let me know :D .

I have been to Amsterdam a couple of times. It has only been weekend trips, so I have not been outside the city.

We have visit several museums, like Van Gogh museum and Anne Franks house. We also went to the flower market and took a boat trip on the canals. Amsterdam is a very nice city and I would love to go back.

We stayed in Radisson blu hotel (former Radisson SAS) on Rusland 17. Very good location and overall a nice hotel.
STX lady

Post by STX lady »

You'll love Amsterdam!!! Last time we were there it was for 3 weeks in 2008, just before STX became home. It a very intriguing city full of thing to do and see at every corner. You should also add in Norway!!
Coden

Post by Coden »

Maggy - I will!! It will still be a couple of years though. We are starting to downsize now, getting rid of stuff and all. What we'll do is sell our house, stash the money in the bank, run around Europe and the US for a bit and then decide where we want to settle down for good - and then buy a little 2 bedroom house somewhere. Which will be wherever our son is. Right now that is in California...so we'll see. :)
Coden