Capn Dan and Ruby's StJ/Lovango TR- travel day

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Capn Dan and Ruby's StJ/Lovango TR- travel day

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Note: I am just learning how to do trip reports, so as I was taking pictures, I did not think about the TR as much as I should have, and I hope I am uploading successfully.
It is 7:30 am and so far all is running smoothly. We headed to the Miami airport after spending two days with my daughter’s in-laws, eating food that has too much fat (but very delicious :D ), and drinking way too much alcohol (we had to get a head start :D ),. We decided to take the turnpike and the drive was fine, but as we approached Miami the final toll booth (yes during rush hr) traffic backed up. We even bought a Sun Pass thinking that getting through the toll booth would be easier, but noooo. There are no lane markers!!!! :shock: It was like an ant nest. Whew! We made it through with no scratches on the car or major confrontations! Now we are just hoping that brother of Son-in-law dear can make it back to West Palm with our car intact. We arrived at the air port in one piece and made it through security without a hitch. Miami Airport is defiantly easier than Atlanta!!! :D Atlanta is like a beehive, Miami is a straight shot! Love it! (Note: this concept will change at the end of this trip report :roll: )
10:16: I am so excited! I just need to chill and look out at the sky and wait until our 12: 25 flight, which appears to be on time, is ready to get underway!
12:25- the plane is going to be a little late. No worries… this is my theme for the trip. No matter what the problem is, I am not going to sweat it! Life is too short and fretting over the little things doesn’t change anything it just makes you miserable. (I finally learn this later in the trip)
Rachael was waiting with a smile as usual. Gosh I love to see her when we walk in, it just lifts my spirits! We chatted as we rode; I filled her in with my latest news. Of course with the late departure we arrived late and school was just getting out. What does this mean…? School busses! :roll: We had a couple of Delays on the road so we missed the 4 o’clock ferry. Rachael was so sweet and took us by the market for some preliminary supplies, and we got to the ferry just in time to buy our tickets, organize our stuff and board. We sat up top… I love sitting up top! But…, we were soon surrounded by some obviously spoiled young adults and their well jeweled parents. They talked non- stop about shopping, cloths, and their social seen. :roll: Ok, I said that I was not going to let anything spoil my time and this was MY arrival, MY special time! So, I did what I could to block them out and focused on how cool it was to watch STJ come closer and closer! It worked. Getting off the ferry is magic! No matter how long it takes to get your bag, there is just something about stepping off that ferry!!!
The nice little guy from Caribbean Villas was waiting; we went by connections to pick up our box. They were closed but the lady (I don’t know her name, but I should) there opened up and let us get our box. Did you know you have to register there? :? I never knew it. She did say to just to come back to register at a later date. I guess because Greyhoundmom always took care of everything for us, we never knew that particular. So if you want to send anything to connections, call and register with them. Chamal, the guy from Caribbean Villas, took us to Conrad’s to get our car then up to Cruz Views.
Wooo is all I can say about that hill. Walking “distance” from town, but I doubt I will try to walk it!!! :shock: I don’t want to go back to the hospital on my vaca! Tired and hungry, we were going to drive to Skinny’s (tradition) but we broke tradition and went to High Tide, (another favorite) for a burger and a Lime&coconut. Mmmm Mmmm.
I do need to learn to split that burger though;(sorry we were hungry and made a mess of the burger before we remembered to take a picture :oops: ) it was way too much food! Now for the walk back to the car. Thank goodness for parking at Suttons! Just a good reason to rent from them! :wink: We made a quick stop at Dolphin for more stuff (the flavor rum they didn’t have in STT), and went on to CV1 for a drink or two before crashing. (Report on Cruz Views… soon come.)
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Sounds like a great start so far- pictures are perfect with the report!! Can't wait to hear more....
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

OOH! I love your attitude and theme, "No Worries!"
And I got goosebumps thinking about you focusing on St. John getting closer and closer and then finally making it to the dock! Love that dock!
I remember that I tried to look for you coming in on the ferry that day but the webcam wasn't working. :?

Love that pic of you at High Tide~ You look so happy and relaxed! So far so GOOD~~~~~~~~ :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Coden

Post by Coden »

Totally awesome start of your trip. And a great picture of you and that mouth watering drink. :wink:
Coden
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

It was good and It was great to get there!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I love High Tide! Great food, great drink!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:35 pm.