The Final Countdown

Travel discussion for St. John
jimg20

The Final Countdown

Post by jimg20 »

We have begun the packing process! We leave three weeks from Friday! Work? What work? This will be the most unproductive weeks of the year. I have manage to schedule a business trip to Baltimore next week. That will help a little. The problem will be to find people in Baltimore who want to talk about STJ. Are there any volunteers?

A more important topic is the follow-up to our report a couple of months ago.

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... t=forumite

I am happy to report that the surgeon pronounced the bones healed and cleared her to dive or anything else she feels up to doing.

As I predicted, she was in the pool soon after the cast came off. The only thing that interupts her water therapy is lightning. We've had plenty of that in April and May. The PT sessions went from two to three per week. She has been told numerous times that she is doing too much and not allowing the injury site to rest and heal between sessions. She has taken very few pain medications. The "really good stuff" stopped soon after she got home. She is taking Advil less than once a week.

We are ready to get down there and have some real painkillers. Save us a couple of seats at the bar.

We both really apprciate the good wishes, prayers and other communication from all of you. It is good to have friends.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

loria

Post by loria »

YAY!!! I am so glad that Diana is doing so well! besides diving what else do you have planned (or is diving taking up all your time?) hope these three weeks fly by for you!!!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I'm SO glad Diana will be free and clear for this trip! I hope everything goes smoothly and you guys have a relaxing trip! I completely understand the "vacation mode" that takes over working!
Coden

Post by Coden »

Yippee!! You'll be there before you know it!! :)
Coden
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Fantastic news! I am so happy for you both! Enjoy the planning. We will miss ya this trip. Have a blast!
stampede chuck

Post by stampede chuck »

Glad to hear everything's healed up and you're getting ready to head back to St John. Enjoy the diving and the painkillers.

Oh, and don't forget to play "that song" on your last night ... guaranteed not to be a dry eye in the place ... well, that's my experience.

Have a great time.
Collin
"Packin' up the bathing suits, gettin' out the cowboy boots. That's a sign we must be going home"
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Glad to hear she is doing well...and I can understand aboout not being able to concentrate...just a little over a week here for us...I know people at work must think..."I wish she would go on and shut up about it already"...LOL
[/url]
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

Glad you are almost there. We have 11 more days until island time. It is a good thing I only have 2 more days teaching,
and then I will start packing.Yeah.
Beach Creecher
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Wanda Creech wrote:Glad you are almost there. We have 11 more days until island time. It is a good thing I only have 2 more days teaching,
and then I will start packing.Yeah.
If you are there on the 12th...stop by the BB ..5:30 or so..

Sorry...Jimg...didnt mean to Hijack...:)
[/url]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

So happy for you! Enjoy your vacation (hardly need to tell you that)!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Hijack away. We will be at the BB 6/26 and 7/3.

Thanks for all your comments.Diving will take up a good deal of our time. We are, however, talking about taking the ferry over to JVD one day. We would like Hot Wings to see that and get a stamp in her brand new passport. We will be taking the trip one day at a time and see where it goes.

We will pass along your regards to Low Key, Chuck. They will be happy to hear from the "crazy Canadians" again.

Well, the time is flying by. It seems like just yesterday when I started this thread. Oh wait.....it was just yesterday! :o Oh well, I'll change the channel and get some not so deep thoughts. :D

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Have fun Jim & Diana. I'm sure this vacation is much needed and much earned, especially for Diana and all that she's been through. Relax and enjoy!!! Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Hurray, Hurray for the packing process! I am so behind the eight ball. We just started packing on Sunday and we leave this Saturday!....So glad to hear that your lovely lady is healed. I was a total "newbie" to the forum when you had posted the original post on her injuries! Thanks for the update! We will warm up the stools for you at the Beach Bar. And see those who are on the island on June 5 and June 12 for the scheduled (ahem) meetings! Happy Day! Not long now!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

That's great news Jim! Have a blast!!!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Yeah for Diana and all the progress she has made in a relatively short period of time! I am amazed/envious that you guys pack with three weeks still to go- Steve and I procrastinate until one or two days before our trip( except for buying the food for the cooler)- :oops:
can't wait to hear (and see pics) of your well desired trip!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting