Photoshop Before & After

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Photoshop Before & After

Post by California Girl »

I spend a lot of time on our photos before I post them. If I have a great photo, but it's got extra stuff in it that detracts or is just ugly, I'll Photoshop it out. After sharing a couple of before & afters with Promoguy, I've been challenged to post a couple of examples here on the Forum. You may be interested, you may not be... hope you enjoy the transformations! :D

Soggy Dollar Before

Soggy Dollar After

Pelican Before

Pelican After
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Great job! Especially getting those unsightly wires out of the pelican picture. Wish I knew how to photoshop!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Those are great...I wish I knew how to do that...:)
[/url]
sandollar

Before & After

Post by sandollar »

Marvelous job -- the results are extraordinary!! You must be sooo pleased.
Diane
CarolJLF

Post by CarolJLF »

I do the same .... My friends now tell me that they never know what to believe is true and what has been photo-shopped! But I like doing it - it's fun, and it makes the pictures better!
California Girl

CarolJLF wrote:I do the same .... My friends now tell me that they never know what to believe is true and what has been photo-shopped! But I like doing it - it's fun, and it makes the pictures better!
I always feel that everything in my photos is real, I've just removed the undesirable qualities and fixed the exposure. :D

In the Soggy Dollar one, I wanted to focus on the folks at the bar, and the guy at the left taking a picture and smoking a cigarette, and the two folks right in the middle in front just had to go! LOL!

Photoshop is tons of fun, but not that easy to learn. I took a night class at the local community college and I only remember about 1/5 of what I learned, but I can get around enough to be happy. I just wish I had a newer version, because I've seen a tool that brings people's faces out of the shadows and I have to have it! :lol:
Last edited by California Girl on Sat May 28, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

The photoshop ones are so much better. Love the pelican. Thanks for showing the difference.
[/url]
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Oh my, now I want to learn how to do that! I love the pelican shot!
Sumerwaters

Post by Sumerwaters »

So, is photoshop a software program that u purchased or an online site?
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Wow! I need to learn to Photoshop!!!
Image[/url]
Linward

Post by Linward »

California girl, Loved meeting you (et al) at the beach bar on mother's day! We took a ton of underwater pictures with our new camera while we were on STJ and have been looking into getting a photo editing program to remove unwanted elements and do spot detail enhancements. Adobe's version 9 of Photoshop Elements looks intriging, but we were concerned with it's complexity and "steep learning curve". Any opinion or recommendations? Linward
Life is an adventure.
Treasure each moment.
California Girl

Good to meet you too! :D

I don't know much about PS Elements, but I have heard it's really good. I'm pretty sure it'll do what you want for your underwater pictures, however I don't know if it offers a cloning tool (what I use to get rid of unwanted stuff). If it does, then I'd say go for it. Either way, it's going to be a steep learning curve. :roll:
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

You did a really nice job with them Margo!!
Peace,

Lisa
California Girl

Sumerwaters wrote:So, is photoshop a software program that u purchased or an online site?
Photoshop is a program by Adobe that you can purchase. It's rather expensive, so I'm only working in version 6, which I got on eBay years ago. I've been following auctions for version CS2 recently and although it's an older program, it still seems to go for around $200.
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

Your pics are fun. My wife is a photographer and uses photoshop cs4, but I typically don't have the patience to wait for her level of perfection when on vacation, so I've loaded google picasa on my laptop and use that when on vacation. It's not as powerful, but it's free and free is good, and it has a very easy to use color correction. My wife tells me it's got a blemish remover also, I'm not sure how well that works, but overall it's an easy software to learn. For those of you looking for something cheap and easy, download it for free.