PHOTOS from our trip!

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi Mar - I have a Canon SD880IS with an underwater case. My husband has a Canon Rebel, but he doesn't snorkel or take any underwater pix. I love my little Canon, it's easy to use and I can put it in my pocket (but not with the underwater case on it!) In fact, Rick is jealous of how easy my camera is to use and what great pictures it takes, while he fumbles with lenses and exposures! LOL!
Mar

Post by Mar »

Wow Margo-your pictures are just beautiful! We have the Canon SD850IS and the Nikon D70. Love both cameras but I do love the portability of the Canon...going to research the underwater case but thinking about the Canon D10 that everyone raves about on here. Was thinking it might make a nice Father's Day gift.

Any thoughts?? How did you decide on your underwater case?
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thanks Mar! (and thanks everyone else, too!) :D

I originally had an SD400 and the All Weather Case, which is good to 10 ft, I think. When I got my SD880, the D10s hadn't come out yet, so I went ahead and bought the underwater case because I'd had such good results with the other one.

I think the D10 is cool for the fact that you don't have to mess with the bulky case, but there's been some discussion here on the forum about them leaking. Everyone got good service (repair or replacement) from Canon, but I think I just prefer to use the case, since I don't go snorkeling that often, anyway.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:26 am.