Renting beach umbrellas

Travel discussion for St. John
Knolmom

Renting beach umbrellas

Post by Knolmom »

For our past summer trips, I was always able to bring a "flag bag" containing 3 beach umbrellas and a nylon folding beach chair on the flight. Both my DH and sister have had skin cancer, and trying to find a shady spot on the beach while keeping an eye on the kids gets a little difficult. I an unable to bend one knee very far, so it is difficult for me to use a low beach chair or sand chair.
Now that it will cost us $50 RT for these items, which I will have buy this year as our old ones were left on St John 2 years ago, I thought I might rent these items from the folks who supply the baby items. Do you recall seeing that posted here in the past? If not, can someone tell me if St John Spice rents umbrellas? Chelsea Drugs and the hardware store sometimes have them, but they are expensive and are rarely available that late in the season.
lprof

Post by lprof »

maybe some ideas here:

http://virgin-islands-on-line.com/forum ... +umbrellas

(I have not rented any gear.)
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Knolmom

Umbrellas

Post by Knolmom »

Thanks so much Iprof. That was just the info I was looking for. Now I just have to search for a chair. I know several rental villas that have at least 1 each, but none are rented through Privatehomes VI. Of course, if I could ever get back to Spellbound, I could pickup 3 unbrellas,2 chairs, 3 snorkel sets and a dozen of my best CD's. DH had to leave them, and numerous other items there when I was suddenly hospitalized and he could not manage the packing and luggage alone. I never missed them until this year, when I asked where in the basement he put them, and he admitted to leaving a lot behind.
Luckily, he remebered to pick me up at the hospital before finally boarding the plane..

All kidding aside, it was a pretty traumatic trip.
Lulu76

Re: Umbrellas

Post by Lulu76 »

Knolmom wrote:Thanks so much Iprof. That was just the info I was looking for. Now I just have to search for a chair. I know several rental villas that have at least 1 each, but none are rented through Privatehomes VI. Of course, if I could ever get back to Spellbound, I could pickup 3 unbrellas,2 chairs, 3 snorkel sets and a dozen of my best CD's. DH had to leave them, and numerous other items there when I was suddenly hospitalized and he could not manage the packing and luggage alone. I never missed them until this year, when I asked where in the basement he put them, and he admitted to leaving a lot behind.
Luckily, he remebered to pick me up at the hospital before finally boarding the plane..

All kidding aside, it was a pretty traumatic trip.
I remember that. I think we were supposed to meet up and then you got sick. Glad you're doing better now.

I have seen umbrellas at villas before, but I think it just depends what people leave behind usually.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'm in the process of renting an umbrella. Using
Island Baby since they will deliver. Rental is $15.00, delivery $25.00. 8) 8)
Coden

Post by Coden »

Please let me know how it works out. Also, can you go and pick it up so as not to have the delivery fee?
Coden
Pat

Post by Pat »

Coden wrote:Please let me know how it works out. Also, can you go and pick it up so as not to have the delivery fee?
They are delivering to our villa the day we arrive and picking it up when we leave. I did have the option of picking it up in town for $10.00 less.
The designated pickup site (pardon the pun) is Woody's!! :wink:
Coden

Post by Coden »

So you are saying 15 for the umbrella and 10 for delivery = 25? That is great...I thought it was 15 for the umbrella, and then 25 to deliver it. :?
Coden
mricco

rentning

Post by mricco »

We are renting an umbrella from Island Babies starting the 23rd. They are very helpful and will work with you, we are picking ours up at Woody's.
mricco
m ricco
Pat

Post by Pat »

Coden wrote:So you are saying 15 for the umbrella and 10 for delivery = 25? That is great...I thought it was 15 for the umbrella, and then 25 to deliver it. :?
It is $15.00 for the umbrella and $25.00 for delivery to your villa. If you choose to have it delivered to Woody's, it's only $15.00 delivery. :wink:
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thank you, Pat I understand now. :wink:
Coden