July trip questions?

Travel discussion for St. John
Hawaii

July trip questions?

Post by Hawaii »

Hi everyone - Yes - We are getting closer :D Well, I am off to the store today to buy some bugspray, sunscreen, lotion, water shoes, etc. I know you can buy something to keep your money and keys dry can someone tell me where to get it or the website I can order from? Still need to get the camera and snorkel gear but will probably do that within the next two weeks. I know my husband is getting excited too as I find him reading the two books we have. The funny part is he knows we are staying at Casa Bueno but has not even seen pictures of the villa - I told him he can see it when we get there. He is fine with me doing all the planning. Of course, the kids have seen pictures and already love the pool. Well, that is it for now - Can you tell I am excited!!!!!!!
rImage
Heather-in-MA

Post by Heather-in-MA »

I just saw some on Amazon yesterday! I'm doing a BJs run on Monday and picking up things there for out trip-lots of the essentials on sale there this month!

We're getting very excited too!
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) has some neat items in the kayak section of their stores for keeping your stuff dry while snorkling. They come in various sizes (credit card up to towel size). We purchased the smallest one to hold $, Credit Card, keys, etc. it clips on your belt, arm, or has a lanyard for around your neck. Very handy. Can't wait to use it....not long now!!
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

We have an otter box and have been pretty happy with it. I personally would not take the keys in the water though - it is not worth the cost of a damaged fob or lost keys.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Otterboxes are available from amazon. I just bought two new ones for my upcoming trip. :D

I'm looking for something for my trip also: a small pump that could be used to inflate pool toys, beach rafts, etc. I really hate blowing those big things up myself. I don't want something noisy since I want to bring it to the beach. I poked around on amazon and didn't see what I am looking for. Any suggestions?
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Thanks everyone. Liamsaunt - yes that would be great a small pump - I am sure my husband would like that too!
rImage
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Check out http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/

I just ordered one of the waterproof pouches but haven't used it so I can't tell ya how it works. 22 days and it will be tested wooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

ok - Just got back and now have 4 pair of water shoes from K-Mart. I hope they fit everyone, I hate to go back to stores but trying to get everyone in one store is really hard. I took our 13 year old son to exchange a swim suit last weekend and you would think I was putting a knife in his back - my goodness the poor kid :lol: I guess it was too much in one day with making him come to the grocery store after I took him to baseball practice - ok enough venting he really is a good kid for the most part. Ok - off to another store to conquer more items for STJ.
rImage