Should I remove the dinghy from the Sandy Spit panorama?

Travel discussion for St. John

Should I remove the dinghy from the picture?

Yes, it's in the way and distracting!
31%
No, it adds dimension and perspective to the photo!
62%
I don't care, I like the picture either way!
8%

Total votes: 13

California Girl

Should I remove the dinghy from the Sandy Spit panorama?

Post by California Girl »

I'm debating whether the dinghy is a good thing or an annoyance in the picture. I can easily remove it with Photoshop, but since so many people want the photo, I thought I'd leave the decision up to you all!
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Not at all. Definitely leave it in. I'd crop however to remove that portion of land showing on the left.
California Girl

Good call, promoguy! I edited it on the fly, and didn't even notice that little chunk of land! :D Thanks!
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

That's what I'm here for, babes!!!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I voted leave it in, it adds something to the picture.

Was the dingy and person part of your group? It looks interesting because the person is all alone.
California Girl

PA Girl wrote:I voted leave it in, it adds something to the picture.

Was the dingy and person part of your group? It looks interesting because the person is all alone.
He was part of a group from a big boat that I already photoshopped out of the picture. I thought the boat spoiled it, but I left the dinghy in for balance. It makes interest. But then I thought not everyone may want it in their photo.

In re-thinking it, I can make two versions and let everyone have whichever one they want. It's not that difficult. :D
California Girl

PA Girl wrote:Was the dingy and person part of your group? It looks interesting because the person is all alone.
Here's the "before" section of that panorama before I did any editing or stitched it together. I love Photoshop! :D

Maggy

Post by Maggy »

I think you should keep it. It melts in very good and adds something to the picture.

I have a similar issue with a red dinghy on one of my photos (posted the question on the OT-forum).

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:33 pm.