St. John 2010 Slideshow

Travel discussion for St. John
jmhouse

St. John 2010 Slideshow

Post by jmhouse »

I'm coming up on a year since my last trip. I wish I could go again this year but the stars just aren't lining up. That's mostly due to an upcoming move from MD to CO, which is equally as exciting.

To satiate my need for some island time, I went back through my photos from last year and put them in a slideshow. I figured most people here would enjoy seeing it, so here is the link:

http://johnmhouse.com/2011/04/358/

Hope everyone that is able to get down to STJ (or any VI) this year has a great trip! I'll be looking forward to reading your reports and seeing photos!

Matt

Edit: The link to underwater photos: http://johnmhouse.com/2011/04/433/
Last edited by jmhouse on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

going to grab some lunch and enjoy this! thanks!
good luck with your move!
jmhouse

Post by jmhouse »

Thanks!

I just realized (not sure how I missed them), but I don't have any of my underwater photos in there. I'll have create a separate slideshow for those.
Matt
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Thank you Matt! You are a superbly talented photographer. I'm sure you'll find a lot of material when you arrive in CO.
Say, I think I recognize that shower at Concordia? Did you stay in E-16? That's where our love affair with STJ began about 3 years ago now. Fond, fond, memories.
Leelonie

Post by Leelonie »

Stunning photos Matt !!! Going in 15 days ....seeing your photos made me even more excited to get back there !!
jmhouse

Post by jmhouse »

Lovermont wrote:Thank you Matt! You are a superbly talented photographer. I'm sure you'll find a lot of material when you arrive in CO.
Say, I think I recognize that shower at Concordia? Did you stay in E-16? That's where our love affair with STJ began about 3 years ago now. Fond, fond, memories.
Thanks for the kind words! Definitely looking forward to the dramatic change in scenery from Maryland to Colorado. Especially during Summer.

I was in E-6. No breeze, really hot and humid. But I enjoyed every minute of it. I think a few of them have this similar layout. The first time I ever went I got lucky with one of the P tents. I'm hoping I can book a trip early enough next year to get one again. They are great.
Leelonie wrote:Stunning photos Matt !!! Going in 15 days ....seeing your photos made me even more excited to get back there !!
Enjoy your trip! I'm jealous!
Matt
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

jmhouse wrote:I was in E-6. No breeze, really hot and humid.
E-6... yep... I think you're right. Not 16. I'd requested a Premium tent for months prior to our stay, and it just didn't happen. Never mind, I really enjoyed our little cabin, but it was indeed hot in there. There was a thread either here or TA recently, and the Original Poster was talking about putting 5 people in a Concordia tent. I don't know about other tents, but I would definitely not have wanted 5 people in E-6.
I'll go back and look at your under water pictures now!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing!
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Gorgeous! Makes me homesick...and I'm already in a bad way! LOVE the bird in flight!
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Wow! I truly enjoyed that.

Just kept sighing and guessing.

Thank you very much for sharing - you're very talented.
NancyB
augie

Post by augie »

Amazing pictures!

Thanks for sharing them.

Do you have a link for the underwater ones?
Come see us!
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing.
jmhouse

Post by jmhouse »

augie wrote:Do you have a link for the underwater ones?
Here's the best I can do right now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmhouse/tags/snorkeling/

That might not include a few. It depends how well I tagged them. A few will be from St. Croix. I'm going to go through them this evening and create a slideshow just for underwater shots. Then I'll post that link in this thread.
Matt
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Great pictures.

Thanks for sharing.
janet
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Great pictures.

Thanks for sharing.
janet