Tailgating for KC in Dallas!

Travel discussion for St. John
SOonthebeach

Tailgating for KC in Dallas!

Post by SOonthebeach »

Hey guys- who's ready? Next forum gathering in DFW will be tailgating next Saturday at Cowboys Stadium! Here's a link to the first thread started by stjchica:

http://virgin-islands-on-line.com/forum ... af32a45faf

Looks like forumites will be in lots 12 and 4. They're not too far from each other. Here's a map:

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/parkingMap.cfm

rpplano, pianogirl, msgcolleen and I will be in lot 4. stjchica will be in lot 12.

I believe the lots restrict you to set up only in the grass (if you have a tent or chairs), so we need to figure out that. The lots open at 10 am. Not sure when we will be there yet but I am thinking around 12. Doors open at 3 and I think the show starts at 4:30 with the first act. We may just operate out of the back of the car, unless we can find a little spot for some chairs nearby. Don't think we will have a tent- that sounds like work that would take away from painkiller sipping time ;-) but we will have tunes.. getting my portable iPod sound dock today 8)

Come and join us! Let us know when you plan to arrive that day so we can all look out for each other. Getting excited... going to be a great day!
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Oh my! My mind is starting to spin of our cool tailgating spot! I read the tailgating rules and it sounds like you can grab a grassy spot near your car to set up camp.
I'm dreaming right now and would love to bring a tarp and bag of white sand to spread out on the tarp. It would be cool to have a USVI VIOL banner and a full size cut out of Kenny hangin' with us!I have a plotter printer at work so the banner stuff is do-able 8)
It's up to our chauffeur :wink: when we will be there and what we can fit in the car.
Getting excited now! Better get out in the sun to start on that farmers tan! I need a cowboy hat too! Whoop! :shock:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

ooooh, Colleen- do the banner, do the banner! I have 4 large poster size laminated pics from around STJ and the BVI that I plan to bring... hmmm, may have to bring a little pop up something to tie it all to!
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

So wish I could be there with you.

We don't "tailgate" up here, but I did get to enjoy the full tailgating experience at a KC stadium show in Nashville 3 summers ago. It was an amazing day from start to finish.

I will be at the Heinz field show in Pittsburgh on July 2 and tailgating with my KC friends from the surrounding areas and then he plays here in Vancouver for the first time on July 20 (there won't be any tailgating). I can't tell you how often I think of tailgating in Nashville and wishing everyone up here in Canada would get into that concept.
~Brenda~
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

I'm oh so ready for Saturday! Soon come! BTW, I acquired 2 more floor tiks if anyone needs them.... PM me.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Thanks Laura for getting the tailgating party together!! See ya Saturday!
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Will try to wander over to your lot...Our friends had already bought in 12. Hopefully you will have something VIOL posted, so I can find you :oops: :D
Have a great time, island friends!! :D
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

I plan to make a big banner on Thursday!

WHAT SHOULD IT SAY? 8)
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

St. John Spice - DFW Branch.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Colleen.....whatever you want it to say!!! You and/or you & Laura will come up with the perfect thing!! It's gonna be fun! So glad y'all are going!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I love what Randy said!! Fun!

I will also have 4 large laminated photos of trunk bay and Jost- look for those with the banner!

What time do we all want to meet? My sitter arrives at 12:00 so we could be there by 12:30- I may be able to talk her into coming sooner ;-) What time is everyone else getting there!

We're bringing tunes (have a battery powered sound dock), some munchies and PAINKILLERS!!
BeAsUR

Post by BeAsUR »

We are in Lot 11...so we will mosey on over. I have never tailgated at a concert. It sounds like everyone goes all out! FUN! Gee- if tailgating starts at 12:30, then will I be alive and well at 4:30 for concert time??!!!??? Mercy.

I have one ticket available- PM me if interested.
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Lots open at 10...the serious tailgaters...(me :D ) will be there at 10...A big part of the fun is hanging out with everyone with lots of Chesney playing loud, some island drinks, etc..
~Pam~
stjchica

food...

Post by stjchica »

Do you guys know any good tailgating snack food? We won't have a grill, but I would like something besides just chips and dip...Thought about cold fried chicken..any other ideas??? Will be at a hotel the night before so it needs to be something that travels easy.
~Pam~
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Great minds... we're doing chicken tenders and chips and salsa :wink: we're also bringing veggies and ranch.. not that imaginative but enough to soak up some painkillers 8)