Gas Mileage in Paradise

Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

[quote="Xislandgirl
I do think it is cuter when it is on backwards.[/quote]

Theoretically, if this had happened at all, I would not have noticed if he was cute or not, because I am also a Very Good Driver. Of course, I would have been looking at the road. Especially since I would have had plenty of gas and would not have been in any rush whatsoever.

I really think we should get back to discussing gas mileage here. Do Jeeps really use more gas than Suzukis? Just on St. John, or everywhere?
-Ruth
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I know that I get worse mileage out of the wanglers on STJ then I do out of my Avalanche here
obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

LOL, this thread is cracking me up now. I'm actually glad someone posted about this because it takes one of the many things off my list that I was going to post about. Staying in Coral Bay and all, a girl has got to think about these things. :)
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I'll chime in. I don't have a clue what kind of gas milage I get on STJ and don't really care. I just know we need to fill up a lot for such a tiny island. I'm much more worried about my gas milage at home. For my birthday several months ago my husband traded in my big honkin' Lexus for this cute little black convertible sports car. They told me 18 in the city and 24 on the road. Well, I'm getting 14.2 in the FLAT city I live in. The only hill I see is the I-10 overpass. I'm affraid Al Gore is going to come knocking on my door. Now I've got this great, fast car, and I'm putt-putting around like a grandma, to get better gas milage.

Don't you feel so sorry for me 8)
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

I really think we should get back to discussing gas mileage here. Do Jeeps really use more gas than Suzukis? Just on St. John, or everywhere?
-Ruth[/quote]

I will say I got really good gas mileage with my sidekick on island. we went to coral bay alot.
granted i was just going between gifft hill and cruz bay and caneel most days......
i took the car ferry once a month.
my friends stateside with wranglers have told me they eat gas.......
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Wranglers do eat gas. I BRILLIANTLY decided to get a Jeep Wrangler as my everyday car because it reminds me of being on St. John. I have a 40 mile commute to work every day (each way). The Wrangler eats gas. It cost me $41 to fill that sucker up yesterday and I can drive to and from work for 3 days on that.

I am environmentally unfriendly, aren't I? :(

But I still love it!
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

Take it from a gal who drives a Jeep every day from client to client- they are GAS HOGS!!! Sorry environment- I love my Jeep.
:oops:
When will I see St John again?
Genral

Post by Genral »

Maybe if we figured out 'gallons per hour' it would seem just a little better.... ;-) Genral
No matter where you go, there you are.
patr

Post by patr »

Sorry, I have to issue a correction, the price of premium gas at Domino in Coral Bay is $3.46. The cost of regular is ONLY $3.31. I don't know why, but they list premium first. I mistakenly thought it was the price of regular (like at home-silly me!) :oops:

All the joking aside about the crazy drivers, out here in Coral Bay, we almost got clobbered by the Vitran bus a couple of times. Those drivers show NO MERCY, they drive down the middle of the road.

We usually get a Suzuki Vitara from St John rentals, but this trip they had nothing available. The ONLY vehicle we could get was the Jeep Wrangler from Budget on St Thomas. I think we'll reserve earlier in the future and go back to the Suzuki.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

patr wrote:Sorry, I have to issue a correction, the price of premium gas at Domino in Coral Bay is $3.46. The cost of regular is ONLY $3.31.
Same price here in Orange County, CA. :roll:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:07 am.