Favorite St. John T-shirt

Travel discussion for St. John
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I have a 2 favorites.

My very old, too small shirt from the BackYard that says "Be good and Be lonely" I can't wear it anymore but I keep it.

My St John Inn 2000 shirt
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

I like my Skinny Legs T - " A Pretty OK Place". It gets recognized here stateside once in a while. I'm also partial to commemorative shirt we made for our 2006 trip where mango coladas ruled at the pool every evening... it got a thumbs up from the customs officer as we were leaving this year.

STJ_gal

Post by STJ_gal »

Mine's not a t-shirt, but a hoodie I got from Caneel Bay gift shop of all places. It's white with blue lettering on the front that says St John USVI. I've been wearing it forever and it's pretty worn out but it's so soft - it's the first thing I go for when I get a chill!
bj

Post by bj »

My favorite t-shirt is the one I buy each year during the "Fourth of July Celebration" by artist David Ferguson. Every year is better and better with wonderful, unique, colorful designs. In 2002 during the Fourth of July Celebration food fair he was honored for his craft and for the many years contributing to the St. John community. He also does his own silk screening - each shirt done by hand in St. John. Most t-shirts sold in the local shops are all mass produced in foreign countries.
I even have a few that I have stretched and framed, which are now haning on the wall - as they are pieces of art.
Peace,
bj
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Hubby's is one from the Shipwreck that has the directions from Cruz Bay printed on the back.

I don't have one but I love my son's Jolly Dog t-shirt. It has taken on the smell of sunscreen. While it is too small for him now, I will never get rid of it.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Xislandgirl wrote:I have a 2 favorites.

My very old, too small shirt from the BackYard that says "Be good and Be lonely" I can't wear it anymore but I keep it.

My St John Inn 2000 shirt
Ahh, I would love a BackYard and Grumpy's t-shirts!

My favorite STJ shirt is the one that I have aging unwashed in my closet. I did not get it on STJ, but it has been on EVERY trip to STJ and the BVIs. It's very holy now. My favorite shirt I got on STJ is a 1997 Woody's t-shirt that has reached that perfectly aged soft point. I want to get one of the Front Yard shirts that is done after the Jagermeister label this trip.

One nice thing about buying t-shirts on island is that I can pack fewer clothes!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

[quote="RickG It's very holy now."
[/quote]

Holy as in "of the lord" or as in "with holes"? Or is it both ;)
Last edited by flip-flop on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

[quote="RickG
Ahh, I would love a BackYard and Grumpy's t-shirts!

Cheers, RickG[/quote]

I lost my Grumpy's t-shirt on one of my moves. It makes me a little sad.
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Wait, Flip-flop, I forgot, I bought my first St. John t-shirt on my last trip in December. I got it at Jolly Dog and it's orange with a donkey on it. Can't remember what it says because when I got home from my trip and it was 30 degrees outside, I put it upstairs with the rest of my summer stuff! I DO have one!

Jorge, Waterguy, and Bandit may have something when they say my hair color may have seeped into my braincells.......I have no natural blonde, but you sure wouldn't know it sometimes!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Yay Vicki. I didn't want to have to kick you out of the club. I am curious now as to what the donkey shirt says. And can I hop a ride to Abaco sometime :)
parafins

Antique t-shirt

Post by parafins »

I still have my t-shirt from our honeymoon on S.T.J.It is now 13 years old!I just can't part with it.It still can fit in it! Parafins :D
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Girl, you drive down to East TN and I'll load you up and take you with me next time!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

VickiH wrote:Girl, you drive down to East TN and I'll load you up and take you with me next time!
SO completely doable! I'll even chip in for gas.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Hey VickiH With a smile like yours we can over look a few missing brain cells
augie

Post by augie »

wot arr brane sellz?
Come see us!