Non-plan Plans

Travel discussion for St. John
Ondine

Non-plan Plans

Post by Ondine »

This is my 3rd trip, though it's been 3 years since, to STJ. I'm showing my boyfriend the island for the first time, and only have a few days for this short trip.
Since we are staying at Lavender Hill, I'm thinking La Plancha del Mar for the first nites dinner, right in town w/ a view. Are reservations really necessary? I truly like to just wing it, never reserve....
Also, is Donkey Diner still in action for breakfast? Vies for a snack? Mongoose shops open on a sunday?
I'm thinking of Rhumblines, Sweet Plantains and ZoZo for places I have yet to go to and would like to try.

Just hoping I dont have some knowledge gap that has us showing up somewhere thats either closed or no longer exists! Cant wait to be there again, it's been far too long....
Oh and I just heard that Inner Visions is at the Beach Bar on Sunday. Sounds perfect.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Since you're there for high season, I think you're going to need reservations at all the Cruz Bay restaurants that you have mentioned. I'd plan on that otherwise, 'no plans' is a good way to enjoy STJ.
BuffaloGal

Post by BuffaloGal »

Definitely recommend Zozo's. Reserve seats at the bar. The view is spectacular. You can reserve online before you go.
grandpainin

Post by grandpainin »

Sunset sitting at Asolar and try not to miss Skinny Legs,