Desperate times call for desperate measures

Travel discussion for St. John
liamsaunt

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Post by liamsaunt »

It is bad here in Massachusetts. Snow taller than me. Ice thicker than a popsicle. Sleet, always appearing right when it is time to leave work. Rain, which forms a layer of black ice on top of the already existant iceslick when the temperature drops 20 degrees at night. Thundersnow! Lightning! Hail!!! And another storm on Saturday.

Well, that is it for John and me. We are out of here (temporarily). Plane: booked. Accommodations: booked. Jeep: erm, um...I'll figure something out. I'll be making lots of calls. Maybe we'll rent on St. Thomas. Maybe we will just take cabs. Or maybe we will hitchhike! Pick me up and I will cook you dinner. :D Haha.

St. John: see you Sunday! :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I love it! I'm so jealous... would love to be able to take off on a whim! Lucky you! Have a great time!!!
Image[/url]
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Great for you!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

What?!?!?!

Is this a spur of the moment trip? Or are you just teasing?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Not teasing. 100% serious. Booked tonight, leaving Sunday. We had thundersnow! That was very traumatic, you know. :wink:

In all seriousness, John's last day at his current employer is Friday and he has two weeks before starting his new position. So I was the only one who had to get permission to take time off.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Wow, good for you! My Hubby is always trying to get me to take off and go!! We are going back in 26 days though!! Have a great escape from winter and soak up the sunshine!! 8)
bevm

Post by bevm »

Run, Becky and John, Run! It's been Hell here in the Northeast! You'll feel renewed when you get those toes in that warm Caribbean water!
larlardb8

Post by larlardb8 »

I dream daily about doing the same thing!
Soo jealous. Have a wonderful trip!
Laurie
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Wow! I thought I was good when I booked our trip a couple of weeks back one week prior to leaving. Good job! We were only able to get a car for four out of our seven days but that was fine with us. The weather is so awful here in Mass!! Have a wonderful last minute trip!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Love it...I am very jealous...would love to do the same. Have fun!
---Jim
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

If I were gonna be there I would definitely take the I drive you around and you cook me dinner exchange!!!

Good for you. Have fun. Thaw out!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hell I'll be your personal taxi driver if you'll cook me dinner :) Many congrats guy's - see you soooooon

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

You know you're living our dream. Impulse is not my middle name. I'm so envious!
St. John Lover

Post by St. John Lover »

Depending on where you're staying, I'd relax and take the taxi route. Did it for the 1st timein 20 years this last trip and actually LOVED it!

I've seen pics of your food and read the recipes; if I were there, for sure I'd drive you around for your food!!

SO sorry I'm not (it's really crappy here--2 feet of snow last night & more coming). I wanna go home--to St. John!
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

What a great idea Becky. Enjoy! I doubt you would have any problem finding rides. EVERYONE would love for you to cook for them........:0
Have fun.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know