Villas/Suites in St. Thomas

Travel discussion for St. John
kellog24

Villas/Suites in St. Thomas

Post by kellog24 »

I've been researching resorts in St. Thomas that can accomodate around 20 guests for a wedding. I would like to have something with full kitchens as some of our guests will have small children. So far I've found Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort, Secret Harbour, Point Pleasant Resort, and Crystal Cove Beach Resort. I would love your opinion on these places as well as any others there. Thanks!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I have not stayed at any of them but I would pick Secret Harbor.

Sapphire is really just rentals now,Point Pleasant has gotten some terrible reviews lately. I know nothing about Crystal Cove but the reviews I have read say it tends to be an older crowd, not sure if that means anything to you.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

I stayed MANY years ago at Watergate Villas which shared a beach with Bolongo Bay. I have no idea what it is like today but it was great then. Best of luck!
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

We rented a condo at Watergate about 4 years ago. Very nice to go to Iggies in the evening, no driving. We rented from the owners. Maybe you can find several? This one was "tired" but we were rarely in it. Spent most days on STJ. The price was cheap for in season.
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

here is a link to someone who owns 3 condos at the Watergate. Never stayed in them but it may be good for your group
http://www.stthomascondos.net/id2a.html
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

My family members often use Point Pleasant - they love the 3 pools - location and the units I have visited have been fine - 2 bedrooms in each case -- some of them a bit dated in Kitchen appliances but all the furniture and baths were newer - really great views - maybe windy - very hilly for walking about the resort - not for the elderly or impaired for sure.
jake

Post by jake »

Have stayed numerous times at both Secret Harbor and Watergate.
Secret Harbor nicer, better beach, closer to ferry, much more expensive, 1 restaurant.
Watergate is older, adjacent to Bolongo Bay Resort, 3 restaurants from casual beach style to upscale, rentals direct from owner are best and cheaper. I second the referral to www.stthomascondos.net for research, direct contact with owners. They (Scott and Leah Browning) have several units, are well connected with other owners/units in the complex. They are great to work with, have very nicely furnished units. We have been very happy with them and their units for about 6 trips.
Best wishes for a great trip!
Jake