What does your forum name mean?

Travel discussion for St. John
sea-nile

What does your forum name mean?

Post by sea-nile »

I have been wanting to ask this question for some time. Obviously for some people your forum name is your actual name (or is it Betty?) :)
I am sure that there are some that have an inside meaning and if you'd like to share your story I would like to hear it.

Mine was created by my family. I have been obsessed with the sea/ocean/islands/reefs, etc. for a long time and drive them nuts with my seemingly one track mind. They think I am going senile or something because of my obsession, hence "sea-nile". It was originally supposed to be for my license plate, but I decided to use it here. :)
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I love your forum name, Sea-nile. Very cute!

I am flip-flop and like I am addicted to STJ, I am addicted to flip-flops. There are over 30 pair in my house. Its a problem, I admit it but at least its not crack! ;)

I love anything about the summer -- warm weather, the ocean, the smell of suntan oil, flip-flops, sand! You name it I love it!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

FF, that is too funny!
my name is my name.... don't know why I used it here I usually use mbw1024 in everything I do. (initials plus birth day)
stjohnmay2003

Post by stjohnmay2003 »

I was married on St John on May 3, 2003!
Married- Trunk Bay May 3, 2003
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Mine is as it seems. I am an X Islandgirl. I lived on St. John for 5 years in the late 90's.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Waterguy is what I like to do spend time on or around the water. Also I work for a water utility
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Well Sea-nile, and Flip-flop, I wish I had as interesting a story as you, but, alas, CariBert is just a shortened form of Caribe-Robert.......which is too long a name for anything. So I am known as CaribBert....pronounced (Caribe)Bert......

Pretty boring, huh? Oh well, everything is interesting in the Caribbean...which is where I'll be in a couple of months!!

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

MIne is pretty obvious but, it was borne out of something Pete and I used to do with our trip reports and someone coined the names for us. Back in the day, we used to do dual trip reports (on the old AOL forum). We never read each other's reports before posting our own. Half of the time you'd wonder, while reading them, were they even on the same trip? Or, experiences would be revealed with rather humorous similarity. Anyway, Pete and I ended up with "Mr. Marcia" and "Mrs. Pete" that way.

Back in the day, I was "Is it April yet?" and then someone thought my name was April so I dropped that.
RickG

Post by RickG »

I'm a narcisstic self-involved know-it-all. So, I just use my name!
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

My name is pretty self-explanatory.

My first name is Teresa and my middle name is Rae :)
anjebear

Post by anjebear »

Anjebear is for Andrea Jean (me) Bear (my husband) is because everyone in Delaware calls him Bear.

Andrea
Bilter

Forum Name

Post by Bilter »

Bilter - is a combination of the first 3 letters of my name and the first 3 letters of my wifes name. Since I am the computer geek in the family my first three letters are first.
mia

Post by mia »

Hey Mary Beth,
You have the same birth date as my first born daughter, Melissa....in what year were you born?Melissa was born in 1972....she passed in 2001.
My forum name "mia"....Melissa's favorite movie is Life Is Beautiful; she loved the way Roberto Begnini would greet his love...."Buon Giorno, Miaprincipessa"
I always like to picture her repeating that line....her smile, her eyes, the way it just rolled off her tongue. I shortened it to "mia" for my forum name, so everytime I write it, I see Melissa smiling for me in my mind's eye :)....mia
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
njhdrider

Name

Post by njhdrider »

I live in New Jersey and ride a Harley Davidson
Ride with Pride BKNJIII
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
tonyadams

Post by tonyadams »

Mine is a bit obscure, my favorite soccer player of all time, from Arsenal in England.