Grande Bay, ongoing

Travel discussion for St. John
Lex

Grande Bay, ongoing

Post by Lex »

http://stjohnsource.com/content/news/lo ... be-revoked

Is it a dead horse or an issue that just won't die?

By the way, how's Sirenusa coming along?
augie

Post by augie »

Is it safe to assume that there is some delineation between "Grande Bay" the condominium, and "Grande Bay" the entity that owns and manages the units that have not yet been privately purchased (if they were ever even for sale)?

If so, it sounds as though the entity that owns/manages/promotes the large number of units as a resort/hotel, may be in trouble for doing so where inappropriately zoned to, while the private owners of units, that rent their properties through VRBO and/or other management companies look like they are in the clear.

Does anyone else read it the same as I do?
Come see us!
toes in the sand

Re: Grande Bay, ongoing

Post by toes in the sand »

Lex wrote:http://stjohnsource.com/content/news/lo ... be-revoked

Is it a dead horse or an issue that just won't die?

By the way, how's Sirenusa coming along?
Looks like a lot of mistakes and misteps on the part of the zoning board and Bay Isles.

I didn't realize that Sirenusa was owned by the same folks as Grande Bay.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
stj4me

Post by stj4me »

As an owner at Grande Bay that rents through VRBO I am familiar with this issue. The individual unit owners have the proper license that entitles them to rent 4 properties or less ( the same license that all villa owners have.). The developers of grande bay have 14 units they are trying to rent out and it seems they have the wrong license for that

Also there is no connection between grande bay and sirenuesa that I know of.

Www.stjohnescape.com.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

My goodness, there are legal issues of licensing and possible zoning infractions at Grande Bay?
Carlo Marzano was the developer at Sirenusa.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

I just knew that Exit Zero would not resist the opportunity to add a sarcastic remark.

We get it pal. You don't like Grande Bay and you don't like development on Ditleff.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
toes in the sand

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:I just knew that Exit Zero would not resist the opportunity to add a sarcastic remark.

We get it pal. You don't like Grande Bay and you don't like development on Ditleff.
If sarcasm were a reason for exclusion, this thread would be much shorter. The OP would have been cut as would my previous post. nbd
If rudeness were exclusionary criteria, the post I quoted would not be here.
Again, nbd.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

There is a back story to my post. I would refer you to Tracy's post entitled, "Live from Grande Bay."

We consider Tracy and Juice to be friends. They are excited to be new owners of a unit at Grande Bay. When Tracy posted about it, Exit entered and tried to rain on her parade...through sarcastic comments about Grande Bay and development on STJ, in general.

I thought it inappropriate. In retrospect, I probably should posted my comment on that thread, not this one.
toes in the sand

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:There is a back story to my post. I would refer you to Tracy's post entitled, "Live from Grande Bay."

We consider Tracy and Juice to be friends. They are excited to be new owners of a unit at Grande Bay. When Tracy posted about it, Exit entered and tried to rain on her parade...through sarcastic comments about Grande Bay and development on STJ, in general.

I thought it inappropriate. In retrospect, I probably should posted my comment on that thread, not this one.
I read Tracy's thread and the comments trying to "rain on her parade". I also read the comments there and here by the OP of this thread. I have also read the comments by JT on Tracy's thread and Exit0's comment on a ditliff point trip report. I am curious why Lex gets a pass on his sarcasm and Exit0 does not. Why is JT allowed to post his disdain regarding Grande Bay on Tracy's thread but only E0 is drawn and quartered for his coments? Just curious. Is there a club membership that has to be garnered in order to be able to voice disagreement here? I don't like people posting sarcastic jabs on a well meaning trip report either but lets be fair here. E0 is not alone in his actions.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Yes, there is a club.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Oh Gawd! I realize that Grande Bay might be considered an eyesore and in violation of things. But, it is there and I just don't get the bitterness as much as others. We will be there for our second stay beginning Thanksgiving. The price waa definitely right and it is just plain convenient without being noisy. Congrats Tracy and Juice on your new condo :) .
Going "home" again October 26th!
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

Alright as an early member of the "club" and a personal friend of Exit Zero I will put in my two cents. Actually I will quote Edmund Burke
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I don't think anyone thinks Grande Bay is going away, including Exit Zero. I have personally stayed there and it is what it is, and I wouldn't rule out staying there again. That being said it should never have been built at it's current density. It violates several zoning laws not the least of which has to do with the height of the building. Those of us that choose to live here have to put up with a system that is corrupt beyond your wildest dreams and that is how this place came to be, and Sirenusa and Pond Bay came to almost be. Unfortunately the pound of flesh that the developers have extracted from the landscape never seems to be enough. They continue to ask for variances ignore the law or simply circumvent it at will. Until some one stands up to them and the other developers like them this debate and abuse will rage on. Exit Zero has lived her a long time and has a pretty good idea of how things work here. Not always rainbows and puppy dogs but we all could learn a little.
Jay
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

CaptnJ...you raise good points, all of which have been debated on this forum.

Here's my issue. Good people, Tracy and Juice, save their money...which, by the way, isn't easy because they also are raising children...and buy a place in Grande Bay. Mind you, they had no role in the zoning issues, etc...they simply bought into a dream of theirs.

I don't think that they should be vilified for doing so. I felt Exit Zero was, indeed, doing so. So, I said something.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." I felt that I was doing something in pointing out that Tracy and Juice are entitled to their dream, and to bask in it, without punks trying to ruin it for them.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Oh my goodness, what a rugadoo.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Exit Zero wrote:Oh my goodness, what a rugadoo.
What's a rugadoo?
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.