Help! with villa choices! Thanks

Travel discussion for St. John
Rachelle & Joe

Help! with villa choices! Thanks

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Getting Dizzy searching for villas for next May 08...Here's what we have so far, anyone familiar with any??????? Hale Lani Maria's bluff, Time out chocolate hole, Palamo blanca Gift hill, Miles away Rondezvous bay, Eaglenest contant pt...Sago Palms, & Altmira rondezvous I thinks that's it for now LOL Thanks you, Thank You!!!!!!! Joe & Rachelle :lol:
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

Our family stayed at Palomo Blanca back in 2004.

Do you have any specific questions?

I remember it was a really nice villa waaaayyy out on a dirt road off of Gifft Hill.

The road was very, very interesting :). Let's just say that it might be graded once a year and you need a FWD vehicle with good clearance & good shocks to get to the villa. It was fun!

The villa had, I think, at least three bedrooms. Hubby and I stayed in a lower bedroom which was actually more like a sperate in-law apartment (we had our own living area, TV and kitchenette). The main house area has the other bedrooms, kitchen, pool, hottub & deck.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's an enlclosed courtyard at the main entrance with a lockable gate.

The landscaping was gorgeous and mature and we didn't even notice that there was a house next door until a couple days into the vacation.

From what I remember, the kitchen was well stocked, the appliances were updated, the furniture was updated and everything was clean.

We mostly ate outside at the large outdoor table.

The views are absolutely stunning! STT at night is a gorgeous sight!

The only con is the wicked steep driveway that should only hold one car (I can't imagine another one in there) and can be hard to get out of when it's wet. Hard but not impossible.

Oh, and, I should mention that there are roosters in the neighborhood.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

RE: Choc Hole Maria's Bluff area, just ask the Villa Co abot the Pond Bay Club construction and where it's located in relation to your choices. This will be a major project once (if and when) it gets going and may cause strife if you're not aware.

That being said, if you want to be relatively close to town and shopping and reasonable distance from No Shore beaches, I love Choc Hole area. Nice, quiet and a mix of residents and renters.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
patr

Post by patr »

Hi Joe,

We stayed at Miles Away last December and have booked it again for this December. I would have booked it for our soon come April trip, but it was already booked.

I posted a review, so check out the villa reviews on the St John link above. If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a p.m.
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
steveo2916

Sago

Post by steveo2916 »

I think Sago Palms is one of the better values on the island. Fabulous north Shore views, extremely private, new pool. Part of the road getting there is pretty bumpy, but I think the location is worth it.
Rachelle & Joe

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Thanks to u all for comments!! The process of elimination has started! Paloma is booked so that's out...Miles away is also being used than by owners, Sago is Gorgeous!!! Mu Husband realy likes it but I'm worried about the drive up to villa?? I mean I Love the villa also, but that darn drive up ???LOL I'm Getting so confused & tierd!! Whoa is me! Big problem...... :? NOT!!! I'm so lucky to be able to post a question like this!!!! :lol: Thanks again Rachelle & Joe
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I have not seen any of them in person, but I think Sago looks great! I LOVE the views!!
Good luck with your decision!!
kentuckygirl
Image[/url]
Pat

Post by Pat »

Our group stayed at Sago Palm twice. It is gorgeous, and private. We moved on to another villa due to the road leading to the house. We like to go out to dinner and coming home when it's dark was rough. If we ever had a flat or broke an axle, etc. the walk to the house would be ugly. When we were there, it had huge, deep ruts. Suggest you bring a flashlight in the car, just in case, since it is pitch black. Maybe the road has been paved since we were there??Eaglesnest is a nice house...stayed there in 1994. It is right smack off the road, no drive to get there.
They are both nice properties. 8)
Rachelle & Joe

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Hi All St. John Lovers! Thanks a bunch u are all Great! I Luv all the info. & will let u know what develops along the Eliminations! Have a great Day!!!!!!! :wink: