Guts and Runoff

Travel discussion for St. John
Rbaron721

Guts and Runoff

Post by Rbaron721 »

How long does it take the water to clear up from a storm usually?

I know the guts typically cloud the water and I'm heading there next week.

Thanks,
Russ
Russ
toni

Post by toni »

It does keep raining some everyday, but we were at hawksnest yesterday and it was clear and at maho today and parts were clear. Both beaches had HUGE areas where the sand was washed out, it was freaky at maho there was one spot where the water was streaming out really hard and brown and these two fish probably about foot long were trying to swim upstream in it to the roadside. There was one section of the road at maho that the sand had all washed away from. But the snorkeling was good-turtles and rays in shallow water and lots of other stuff farther out according to our friends. We all thought it would be very turbid but it was fine. Though there are bays that we pass along the road to reef bay that are brown.
EastEnder

Post by EastEnder »

Generally it just takes day or so. However since it's rained over a foot this month, there has been a constant flow. The road outside is a stream right now, as the rain pours.

Hopefully things will dry out a bit for you next week.
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

Wow Russ..you are headed back already? That is awesome..have a great trip! Please post a report when you return..
Rbaron721

Post by Rbaron721 »

bnsilly wrote:Wow Russ..you are headed back already? That is awesome..have a great trip! Please post a report when you return..
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Yes bnsilly headed back. Surprised family with a trip. They're all with me at DFW, which was a nightmare. If we can get through the hurricane that's about to slam Miami. I'll let you know how we end up!
Russ