One dinner on St. Thomas

Travel discussion for St. John
liamsaunt

One dinner on St. Thomas

Post by liamsaunt »

If you were to take the ferry over for dinner on St. Thomas one evening, where would you go?

Has anyone tried Havana Blue? What about Agave Terrace? Is it still there?

Any other suggestions? We'd be coming from the Red Hook ferry. We've been to Blue Moon, Off the Hook (gone now), Herve, and Cuzzins.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

I really like the vibe and food / wine at Acacia at Magens Point Resort (the old Indigo). You eat poolside, and it's really quite nice. I don't see they have a website, but here's some information I found. Great sushi too.

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st ... e_bar.html

Havana Blue is certainly nice as well. Little too pricey for me. Plus we always stay at the Marriott, so I like to venture out for dinner.

I also like Lotus in Red Hook. Asian fusion, nice atmosphere. Air conditioned :-)

Oceana in the the Frenchtown area is also lovely with waterfront dining.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

We liked Havana Blue a lot. Is it worth the hike from Red Hook? Not sure on that, but its a pretty spot, especially if you have a nice sunset, and the cocktails and food were both very good, we thought.
---Jim
STTlover

Post by STTlover »

Agave is still there. You could try East End Cafe/The Cellar or XO Bistro & Wine Bar both are in Red Hook. Or go to Roberts at the Elysian.
melwill530

Old Stone Farmhouse

Post by melwill530 »

We love OSF. Yummy! Great wine selection. Used to have some wonderful sushi specials and a dessert special sampler that is wonderful.

http://oldstonefarmhouse.com/
Sara-J

Post by Sara-J »

When I stayed in St Thomas last January, I really liked the restaurant at Secret Harbor
http://www.bluemooncafevi.com/ It is a 5 minute drive from Red Hook. You can have fine dining or casual but both have a wonderful waterfront view and great food! Also liked East End cafe and Roberts but Blue Moon was our favorite!
gores95

Post by gores95 »

We especially enjoyed three restaurants when we were on St. Thomas two years ago: Havana Blue, Oceana and Off the Hook.
Marc

stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

I will vote for The Cellar. Was there for a girls night out and everything was outstanding. It's close to the Red Hook dock, so you can just walk. I hope to make it back very soon!
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

Distance wise I'd recommend Blue Moon again. Love that place...perfect location on the water. Food is excellent too. :D
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!
LiamH

Havana Blue

Post by LiamH »

I have been to Havanna Blue while scoping everything out in the Fall for the Wedding.

If I was doing a business lunch and wanted to impress a few "newbies" to the island, the NYC style dishes and flowing Blue Drapes give a nice Dramatic Flair.

The food was delicious & the view panoramic but I was still hungry when I left..

- Liam
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

Oceana, hands-down!!! It used to be the Chart House restaurant years ago. If you're romantic and love good food, this is for you.
sherban

Post by sherban »

We ate at Agave Terrace in April and were not impressed with the food. The service was good though.

I heard alot of good things about Banana Tree and also Old Stone Farmhouse. Havanna Blue gets constant good reviews but you hear that the food was sparse fairly often.

A couple places in Frenchtown get constant praise too...like Bella Blu...

We went to Acacia for lunch and really liked it but it is casual...I wouldn't really view it as a great place for a "special dinner".

The map and links might help you explore...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... f&t=h&z=13