STX Villa or Condo Recommendations?

Travel discussion for St. John
akersten

STX Villa or Condo Recommendations?

Post by akersten »

We spent 2 nights on STX in May to visit friends before our week on STJ, we stayed at the Carambola Beach Resort and enjoyed it, but would like to stay on another part of STX next year. We plan to go back for a week next March with our two children (3 and 6) and then hopefully on to STJ for another week. Our friends live on the west end, but we're open to any location. They are new to the island and are looking for us too. Any recommendations?
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Hi - have stayed in several villas on STX and toured other ones. We use Vacation St. Croix (www.vacationstcroix.com) and have had great service. If you post what you are looking for and approximate budget I can try to make some recommendations.

- Margy
akersten

Post by akersten »

Margy,
I'm looking for either a condo or villa with pool. Budget is up to $3000 or so, but would prefer to be under that, since I'm hoping to go to STJ after STX for another week. Our friends live in Frederiksted so an easy drive to there would be preferred. Thanks for your help!

Anna :)
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Anna,
For a villa, the Cane Bay area might work for you – it’s far north shore, more to the western end. From there, you can take Route 69 (River Rd) south to 70 (Centerline Rd) and head west into F’sted. It’s going to be difficult to get a villa close to F’Sted. In Cane Bay, I’ve toured the villa Paradise at Cane Bay – very close to the water and walking distance to the fun beach bars and restaurants of Cane Bay. For villas, we use the folks at Vacation St. Croix www.vacationstcroix.com. There are a couple of beautiful villas up above Columbus Landing in the Salt River area – Sugar Bay House and Blue Vista, but the high season pricing in March is going to be over your number. For a condo, Gentle Winds on the north shore would be my pick. The Palms at Pelican Cove would be my choice for something a bit more mid-island. I’d shy away from anything on “condo row” because of the water being iffy for swimming at times due to the WAPA plant being in that vicinity. Hope this helps a bit – what are your friends in F'Sted recommending?

- Margy