Canon D10?

Travel discussion for St. John
Kealani

Canon D10?

Post by Kealani »

My D10 is on the way :D -my question is how long is the battery life? I can't decide if I should order an extra battery or not?
Thank you everyone- for all the info and pic's posted regarding this subject can't wait to use it
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

Love the D10!! I am on my 2nd one as my husband dropped my brand new, week old one off the side of the power catamaran we chartered to go to Anguilla in May! I was devastated. I was more upset about losing the photos though. Anyway, I have since put a boat key float on it and it doesn't sink!

But to answer your question, the battery is average I guess. I take a lot of pictures though and look back through them which kills it. I get a full day on vacation with one battery. But I got an extra (only $6 so definitely worth it) and keep it in the case. I definitely recommend doing that.
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

Thanks Kristen -it comes with a with li-ion rechageable battery and extra is about $40. Good to note the boat key so it would float-I get such great tips on this forum.
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

I got my extra battery on Amazon for $6.
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

Thanks just ordered it!
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

:)

Where are you staying this summer? I saw an old post of yours saying that Casa Bueno was one of your options.
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

We are staying at Reef Madness in Coral Bay- I have heard great things and I cant' wait :D
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

I was considering that was well but liked the central location of Mamey Peak. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Have a great time!!
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

I just saw your post about the villa's- My finals were between the 2 you listed and reef madness!!! I would say that casa bueno might win with more people only because it appears to have more living space. I also have takend the NH trip. Overall it was a good trip and we felt like we have enought time at Jost given the other activies of the day. Truely anyday on a boat or STJ is a good day for me.
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

My D10 should be delivered in the next few minutes. I can't wait! I ran to Best Buy today and bought an Eye-Fi card. Has anyone tried this yet?
kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

I don't have an eye-fi but want one! Let us know how it works.

Glad you enjoyed the NHII trip. How many people were on it? I mean it wasn't a cattle boat, was it?
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

It was super fast to install and easy. My camera is already charged and I did a test pic and it appeared right on my mac!!! Awrsome!! I'm really trying to get a trip report done this trip with pics! It will definitely be a struggle but just know Im trying my hardest!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

wontongirl wrote:It was super fast to install and easy. My camera is already charged and I did a test pic and it appeared right on my mac!!! Awrsome!! I'm really trying to get a trip report done this trip with pics! It will definitely be a struggle but just know Im trying my hardest!
you can do it - I volunteer to help :)
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Sorry MBW but I already volunteered you first!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

wontongirl wrote:Sorry MBW but I already volunteered you first!
see, I'm already following orders!