Dallas area Forumites......

Travel discussion for St. John
Pianogrl

Dallas area Forumites......

Post by Pianogrl »

Was just thinking that we have so many Dallas area forumites in the Dallas-Ft Worth area that it might be fun to have a "get together" at a restaurant or wherever. We come from many different walks of life but the one thing we have in common is our love for STJ. I'm not the party-planner; just the 'idea' person!!

Any one else interested?
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

Sort of a BB gathering West?
gymnastika

Post by gymnastika »

So close but yet, so far away :cry: (San Antonio, here)
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Love the idea! Can't replicate BB but we can try. Especially if we can get rid of the snow for good! Need to figure out where everybody is and try to find a central location. If we're able depending on location, I'm sure we all have our favorite drink recipe we could bring (mine's the Painkiller). I am near the Tollway and NW Highway.

Gymnastika- you'll have to come up and visit for it! I was just down there last week (kids- spring break- Sea World) They had to settle for Sea World since we just went to STJ in late Feb without them. They were NOT happy about that but Shamu made them forget. :wink:
gymnastika

Post by gymnastika »

laura-
oh yes. we left our kids just a couple weeks ago for STJ. They were not happy either. We spring breaked here and did the riverwalk thing and such. It's fun to be tourists in your own city sometimes. Hope you enjoyed the good weather (except for rain on Tuesday)!
My brother is in Plano. He's been trying to get me up in yall's neck of the woods for awhile.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

We're in Plano....it would be awesome if other Texans would come too!! San Antonio...Houston....all over! All are invited!
John LMBZ06

Post by John LMBZ06 »

Sounds like a good idea to me. 8)
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

There is a gathering in the works in the Plano area on the TTOL forum as well...Maybe combine them? April 10th I believe..Will check again on location...it was a pub in Plano/Frisco
tinajohnson

Post by tinajohnson »

Sounds like fun! Count me and the hubby in.
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Educate me- which one is TTOL? A combo would prob be great! Plano/Frisco is good fo me- easy jaunt up the Tollway.
Rhonda

Post by Rhonda »

Count hubby & me in. We live in N. Richland Hills, so it will not be too far. Sounds like fun!
54b

Post by 54b »

Sounds good...would love to join if it works with the schedule.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

~Ok, I am removing the prev info so it doesn't confuse people...
The TTOL forum is having a gathering in Frisco, Tx on April 10th..if you are interested in going, pm me and I will give you the info...
We will leave this thread for the VIOL gathering info :)
Last edited by bnsilly on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

[quote="bnsilly"]Here is the info...Hope the others don't mind...it is the www.traveltalkonline.com group.....It is a great resoure for the BVI's especially, very active.
I like this forum (VIOL) for VI info as it is more active for the VI's..We are 2 hours north of Dallas/Plano, so if we go, we will most likely stay the night in Frisco..Will need to get a head count closer to time and try to reserve an area...

Saturday April 10, 2010
6pm

Well, that stinks for us. We are in STJ that day. Oh well, we'll work on another meet in May or June. :cry:
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

Well darn- ya'll came up with the idea! Can we try for another day? I cannot do 4-17, but am open later in the month or May.....