off to Paris tomorrow

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
loria

off to Paris tomorrow

Post by loria »

will post a trip report ...after i finally do one about our christmas STJ trip (sorry chicagoans--i am a Total SLacker Mom)

but in the interim anyone have some good Paris ideas??? we are staying at a new B&B in the 14th (montrouge--a bit out of city center, but looked nice)

this is a girls trip (my daughter, my sister, and me) so apparently there will be shopping.....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
lprof

Post by lprof »

... not been there for 12 years, and am guessing that you have been before. Can offer the usual, most common suggestions; no new stuff or real insight, but I smile to think of being there. Will look forward to the trip reports!
Hope you ladies have a wonderful, wonderful time.
Avenue des Champs-Elysees and Galeries Lafayette at least.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Shoot - maybe it is too late for this - starts in a couple of hours: http://www2.galerieslafayette.com/inter ... tLang=null
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

My can't miss museum is the Musée d'Orsay

http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/home.html

And the Musée de l'Orangerie re-opened just a year or two ago - I really want to make it back to Paris to see this.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
loria

Post by loria »

Thanks Anthony--we will be too late for the gallerie fashion show (too bad since my daughter would have LOVED that) but Musee de'Lorangerie looks fabulous--
D'orsay is my favorite too.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Oh, I'm so envious!! Bon Voyage if you check this before you go. I've never been there in person but armchair traveled many times. Have a wonderful time and can't wait for the report.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

I LOVED Paris. Picnicking under the Eiffel Tower, Musee D-Orsay, Sacre Coeur- loved it all!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Lori, c'est formidable! J'aime Paris. Sigh...

How fun to do a girls' trip to Paris - I'm sure it will be magnifique! D will be quite envious. Tell L she says hey...er, bonjour!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Jamestown

Post by Jamestown »

Lucky you!!!