Sandals

Travel discussion for St. John
NCSue

Sandals

Post by NCSue »

Silly question - what is your favorite brand of sandals for hiking to the beaches? We're gearing our gang up for the hike to Ram Head. Last trip we had cheapo sandals - we were miserable!!!!!!!!
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Keens!
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Teava's
Tom
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

My last 'hike' to Ram Head was in Keen flip-flops. They are my basic goto footwear for entire trip.
Illyse

Post by Illyse »

May sound silly (and kinda ugly!) but I wore my Crock's (the Mary Jane type with a closed back) nearly everywhere we went - they are closed enough to keep out little pebbles, are waterproof on the beach and more comfortable than I had thought they'd be. Wearing flip flops (or my "fake keens") kept resulting in emptying stones from my shoes (keens) or sliding around in wet flip flops. Maybe I'm just a klutz!
cwcoleman

Post by cwcoleman »

Chaco Sandals are by far the best I've worn.

I've been forced to run over 4 miles in them, and hike short trails with a backpack. They never caused a blister and the traction is reasonable (for a sandal).

http://www.chacousa.com

Cheers
STJdreams

Post by STJdreams »

Tevas are the best!
djmom

Post by djmom »

Keens
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Paul

Post by Paul »

I always wear Teva's. However, on my upcoming trip in June, I may try Keen's. My wife loves hers. The best thing to do is try them both on an go with whatever feels the most comfortable.
lnix1

Keens

Post by lnix1 »

I have had both Tevas and Keens. The Tevas were a little more stiff out of the box and the velco straps rubbed some. I had two different pair of Keens on the last trip down. Out of the box, much more comfortable. I have open and closed toe styles. Closed were great on trails and open style were great just walking around. The Keen people were also great if and when I had an issue with any Keen I have had. They replaced a pair of snow boots and a pair of sandels with no problem in the past 3 years. Mailed directly to the house.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

To be the odd person here- I like wearing my water shoes. When I go to the beach here in NJ - it's different- it's all sandy... but when taking little hikes - or bigger hikes to reach a beach on STJ - I prefer having closed footwear (no little sticks or stones getting in)... and then when I want to snorkel in a rocky area- I have them on... they're also great for rock scrambling - they are super flexible & have good traction.

I save my teva flip-flops for walking around in town.
Peace,

Lisa
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

Crocs here too, you can even run in them if needed lol

I'm too old to care what others think of them, they are comfortable on my flat feet.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

flip flops to any beach, teva's to ram's head....

have fun!