Ladies Week on St John

Travel discussion for St. John
Betty

Ladies Week on St John

Post by Betty »

I was going to name the subject "Girls Gone Wild On St John", but I thought perhaps the hubbies might be more inclined to let us sneak away for a week if we give the impression that it is all respectable :wink:

After hearing my dream last night you may want to back out of this trip, (and I would not blame you) :shock:

I promise I am sane, :P Last night before I fell asleep I watched Oprah's making of her Leadership Academy in South Africa. Well I dreamt last night that I started my own kind of Academy in St John for desperate housewives that want to escape the mainland. I was part Oprah, "I have a dream", part Mr Rourke from Fantasy Island, "Welcome to St John", (Pain killer in hand 8) I dreamt that it would be a retreat for woman of all ages and from all walks of life that all have one thing in common a love of St John. The dream went on but you get the picture :roll: If I tell my hubbie this dream he may have me committed :?

I was thinking how to divide the cost of the house. I think the fairest way would be to try and find a house with fairly equal sized bedrooms. If a villa costs $7500. for 6 bedrooms each bedroom would cost $1250. Ladies could have the option of a single room/at a single room price or doubling up with someone else from the forum and splitting the room cost to make it $625. pp. I pulled these figures out of the air, I forget how much the villas are that I was looking at yesterday.

I am available to travel September, October and early November. What dates work for all of you?

Let me know what you think? Later today I will post some villas I found that look like they may work for our group. If anyone has any suggestions for a villa or arrangements please voice them! :D

I am so excited about the response to this trip, I hope we can pull it off! 8)
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

I make a dame good “Cabana Boy” - ask my wife. Or do I need to dress in drag to go?
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I will already BE there in November - will meet you all at the beach bar for a girls happy hour. ok wait.... charlie won't go for THAT! I got it .. will send him to the Beach Bar and I will come over to the girls villa! LOL that he could handle!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

I think you're on to something here! Do you think FlaGeorge would watch my kids...? At his own villa of course :lol: !

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I've already done that trip. Summer before last I took my youngest daughter and 2 other ladies. In 2 weeks I'll be there with my 20 old daughter and her friend. And in July I will be there with 3 of my tennis buddies. My hubby loves STJ, but not as often as I do. He's a workaholic and doesn't mind me going without him. I think it's the best of both worlds. Every year or two he and I can have a romantic vacation, and the rest of the time I can go and have a ball with my girlfriends. I guess we've been married so long we don't mind seperate vacations. If he wants to go fishing in Canada that's fine with me. As long as he's willing to pay for me to go to STJ twice a year, I'm a happy girl.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Betty,
Are you talking about this fall? I was kind of thinking 2008. I don't know if the hubby would like me going since we are already going once this year, but I'd love it!
If I had any chance of going at all this fall it would be November. I have to build up the vacation days again. :)
For those of you who talk girlfriends into going, how do you do it?
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Fortunately, I have several girlfriends who have frequent flyer miles through their husbands business or credit card purchases. Like Betty suggested, we split the cost of a villa and car, and eat at less expensive restaurants. I don't like to take advantage of my husbands generousity by eating at Asolare and those kinds of places. It really is a lot less expensive than taking the entire family. We are at a point in life where we don't have small kids, so that's not an issue.
Betty

Post by Betty »

SeaNile... those are the dates I have time available in the near future, I would be happy to do it in 2008 also :wink: I am really open to times and dates, My daughter is going off to college in August and I will be free for the first time in 18 years. I work part-time from home so I can arrange my schedule to fit others. My husband just bought into a business and travels/works all the time so he doesnt care or at least I dont think he will when I tell him :shock:

I find it is hard to find people/friends that like the same things I do. Many of my friends are golfers and wouldnt imagine vacationing anywhere but a golf resort, other friends want to go to a spa, I have friends that love Vegas (not my scene). Vacations are a personal thing, we have brought friends to our cottage in Maine that are used to the Delaware and NJ shore and they are bored! They want boardwalk/amusementparks, outlets, crowded hot beaches, boardwalk fries and taffy. In Maine we boat, Kayak, read, play card games, golf and eat Lobstah/Steamahs and blueberry pie I wouldnt spend my summer anywhere else.

FlaGeorge... I think you are going to have to arm wrestle Waterguy for that job. But Tracy might want to hire you! :roll:

Cypress ... your a gal after my own heart, I do most of my travel on points and milage, Hubby is in International Insurance and is on the road all the time. I think that is why I still get goosebumps when we are together, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

These are some of the Houses I found online, i am sure we will have some better suggestions out there!

This villa looks nice and has lots of beds and pullout couches, could be a sorority house
http://www.caribbeandays.com/stjohn/4be ... vous.shtml

This is a big house but more expensive
http://www.caribbeandays.com/stjohn/6be ... song.shtml

another big pricey house
http://www.caribbeandays.com/stjohn/6be ... john.shtml

$6000. for 6 beds
http://www.caribbeandays.com/stjohn/6be ... ette.shtml

I love this villa but it only has 4 bedrooms, I love that they have pocket screens throughout the house
http://www.suitestjohn.com/PeaceandPlen ... lenty.html

This house is going to be a 6 bed, there is a small guest house on the water in front of the house that is just being finished. 4 beds in main and 2 in guest house, reasonably priced but bedrooms in main house are not equal, we would have to charge more for the 2 master suites.
http://www.island-getaways.net/heartbayvilla.html

Please post suggestions and villa's that may work for us!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

The idea of meeting a bunch of new friends on STJ is hard to pass up. I might be able to swing a third trip this year. What age group are you looking for? If I can find a picture of myself and figure out how to do it, I'll post it on "Show Your Face". Then you can dicide if you think I would fit in with your group.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Yes I put my name in first Rick but we could do a mens week to. At another time if you women want.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

COUNT ME IN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is if we can do this in 2008. We've already got two trips planned to STJ this year, plus a couple of other vacations. I had to be a party pooper, but I couldn't swing it this year.

I'll check out the villa choices, keep me posted!!

Jan (akaCharlie)

P.S. I say NO MEN. :P :P :P Not in drag, speedos, fireman costume, or cabana boys. Nice try guys. :wink:
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

cypressgirl wrote:The idea of meeting a bunch of new friends on STJ is hard to pass up. I might be able to swing a third trip this year. What age group are you looking for? If I can find a picture of myself and figure out how to do it, I'll post it on "Show Your Face". Then you can dicide if you think I would fit in with your group.
Does age matter? I think all ages can have fun together! Won't we all have enough in common (our love for STJ). I am 47, but feel 27 (most of the time). :)
Let the guys come if they are going to be our slaves and cook for us and make our drinks and carry our stuff to the beach. :lol:
Betty

Post by Betty »

Cypress ... I just turned 48, although I certainly do not feel that number :P . I am up for a fun time, snorkeling, beaching, reading, laughing and just enjoying St John. I would be happy cooking in or going out. Everyone could take turns cooking a dinner, I would be happy with just drinks and appetizers for dinner. I am really low key!
When my husband and I do our romantic St John trip we eat out all the time and mostly at the $$$ restaurants. But I love Woodys and the Beach Bar too.
I think most if not all of the women on this forum are respectful,generous, kind, adventurous spirits or we wouldnt be sharing our experiences with each other on this forum.
I have only done this once before, meeting people I met online and it turned out to be a fabulous experience. I met some family's through CruiseCritic.com when we did a Mediteranean cruise a few years ago. We planned private tours together/dinners/etc. and had a blast, our kids were all the same age and we are still friends with all of them today.

I am open to dates, I was thinking the fall becuase it is low season and I may not get back to St John till February 2008 with Hubby. I would do a small group trip in the fall and if it was a success, plan another in 2008. Everyone post your available dates and we can see if they work with each other.

Thanks for all the response! :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Betty

Post by Betty »

Jorge, please extend our invite to Barbara and Paula!
Rick, to Christina!
and any other guys to your significant other :wink:

Cypress ... beautiful picture of you and hubby!

I think ladies with grown children or women without kids are the ones that would be available to travel, unless you have a super-hubby or super-nanny! :wink:
Also I think it is tougher for families, many more expenses!