THANKS for the reports! (and a question for shoppers)

Travel discussion for St. John
AquaGirl

THANKS for the reports! (and a question for shoppers)

Post by AquaGirl »

I don't log on very often, so I don't comment on each trip report, but I love to read them and other postings. THANKS to the people who take time to write trip reports! It helps this cold-weather-wimp escape from reality once in a while.

Question for you hard core on-line shoppers. I need a new swimsuit and I'm looking for a bikini that't not an IBTWYPD bikini. I have looked at a few sites on-line (LL Bean, Lands End) but can't find what I am looking for. Anyone know of good shopping sites for swimsuits??
beachluvers

Post by beachluvers »

Victoria's Secret sells swim suit seperates so you can go as tiny or as covered as... well as covered as anything on their website is! They also have coverups and sarongs that match. Check out clearance for GREAT deals.
Jo & Bryon

waterguy

Post by waterguy »

not that I should know this but my wife would buy hers from the venus catalog
Pia

Post by Pia »

Try this site it is FABULOUS having more choices than you can imagine :)- and they ship anywhere,even to me here on STJ... whooooo :)

http://www.beachbliss.com/

Pia
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I have had great luck with www.chadwicks.com

They have a ton.
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

I have to second the Victoria's Secret recommendation. They do have bikinis that are sold as separates. This way you can match the size to your own proportions. They are very true to size, except their bottoms tend to run on the larger size. I buy their suits all the time!
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

B&J in VA, Thank you so much for the question regarding swimsuits! I've been looking for the same thing. Victoria's Secret always seems so skimpy or push-uppy for me. Maybe I've just been ordering the wrong styles. Will check it out again. Eddie Bauer has some cute things as well.
Pia, I love that Beach Bliss site. Going there right now. Thanks!
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

The only swimwear that fits my wife is, also, from Victoria's Secret. She is not a fan of skimpy bathing suits, either, but they are the only ones that fit correctly and they have suits that fit almost any body type.
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Eddie Bauer has some conservative stuff and J Crew goes for the preppie chic look. I always love the suits on these sites.

Also I was in TARGET a couple of weeks ago here in Northern VA and they had bathing suits (really cute ones at GREAT prices) on the rack already! I grabbed those babies cause when they're gone, they're gone!

Cute cover ups too.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Oh and my FAVORITE site for flip flops is Eliza B (http://www.elizab.com/)!!!

They're expensive but super durable and CUTE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the skull and crossbones on pink!!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

My wife has good luck at land's end. http://www.landsend.com/cd/frontdoor/0, ... 2402143080
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Cute flip flops on Eliza B. Gonna have to have a beverage and choose which color! Bought a cover up at Target and I love it! I love this shopping thread!
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Oh, yeah! and carabella ---wontongirl told me about carabella's earlier. Cute stuff! Swimsuits and more. And, thank you everyone for your trip reports. We're not gonna have wifi in our villa so we're gonna take a journal so we don't forget anything on our trip report. 70 days!
cat

Post by cat »

I like spiegel.com! they have a very big selection and they have great prices!