THANKS for the reports! (and a question for shoppers)

Travel discussion for St. John
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Thanks everybody for the great shopping sites! Love Carabella and Eliza B...my trip had best hurry up and get here before I spend all my money!
mountaineer girl

Post by mountaineer girl »

cat wrote:I like spiegel.com! they have a very big selection and they have great prices!
Gosh, I haven't ordered from Spiegel in a long time. Used to all the time, but haven't received any catalogs for years. I kinda forgot about them, and I'm gonnna check out their website now. I was in Penney's the other day, and all their swimsuits were 30% off already! Bought one (tankini) and a cute coverup. They had lots of separates, and a black bottom (I like the skirted ones)is great to wear with several different tops.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Wow - these are great sites with so much cute stuff. I forgot to mention a site that I came across and will probably order at least one suit from - www.swimsuits.com. They have some collections that have every imagineable combination of top and bottom styles and pretty materials. I like the Blue Sky brand.

My husband is out car shopping so I am going to do some on-line shopping for our trip. I also wanted a strappy sun dress and some of these sites have that too. I live in the DC suburbs and have tons of shopping available, but I don't like going to the malls very often. I will take Gromit's idea to look at Target since its close by. I didn't realize the stores already had swimwear since I don't shop much. My husband thinks I am missing a female gene since I am not into shopping except once in a while (like right now!).
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Jorge wrote:That reminds me that I gotta get my bikini wax. Thanks girls, I only have 69 days. Luvya, Jorge
This cracked me up.....you are too much, Jorge! I'm down to 47 days..thought about it a lot as I shoveled snow this am before going to work!!!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Jorge wrote:That reminds me that I gotta get my bikini wax. Thanks girls, I only have 69 days. Luvya, Jorge
Try duct tape, its easier to do on your own. You could even do it at a job site when things are slow!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Ow, ouch...did everybody else just cringe when they read this? Of course, hubby always told me there were 1001 uses for duct tape!!! :wink:
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Or a propane torch would work to Then you would need Bongos ball washer
RickG

Post by RickG »

waterguy wrote:Or a propane torch would work to Then you would need Bongos ball washer
Hey, that works even faster than duct tape when I've tried it. Of course, that was on a freshly killed hog...

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

I had the same problem before our trip last summer. I wanted a bikini/2-piece suit that I could snorkel in and would be comfortable enough to wear all day. I ended up finding a suit I absolutely LOVE (called "Calypso"in the Aquatic Fitness collection) at the Speedo site:

http://www.speedousa.com/
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Rick G and Jorge, is that referred to as "manscaping"?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Jorge, me neither! I asked her today the exact dates of the Nov. trip. May have to crash it and that is not above us with them.

To all others Re: swimsuits---I love those Speedo swimsuits, too. My last 2 suits have been speedo and they don't resemble the men's version. Well maybe the bottoms, but what women's bikini doesn't?
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

kellee, I think T is there the same time as me. I get there on the 23rd (Friday) and I think she's getting there the 24th. We start with 2 nights on STT so we are on STJ starting the 25th.
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

mary beth, I haven't even talked to my husband about November and I may have to wait until after the May trip to spring that on him---and if all of the stars are aligned...girl, I may meet you in person!