House Rental, Italy?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Maryanne

House Rental, Italy?

Post by Maryanne »

Does anyone know of good, reputable sources for renting houses in Italy... probably Tuscany? Didn't find too much info on the TripAdvisor forum.

Thanks for any info.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Anthony has a site. I'm sure he will post it here. In the mean time I will see if I can find it.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Correction. I think Anthony is working on this site for a client. Don't think he owns it. But I should probably let him explain it :wink:

http://www.tuscanyrentdirect.com/index. ... index.html
lprof

Post by lprof »

... no longer a stranger to paradise
aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

We rented this house - www.ourhouseinumbria.com

While in Umbria, it is a great location because you can get to Tuscany, Perugia and great hill towns. We rented directly from owner who lives in Minnesota.
Good luck!
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Maryanne others have already posted the links - there are a lot of places there to sort through. If you have any questions I can try to help, especially on areas, what you want to be close to, what you want to see, etc. I can also ask Tuscany Rent Direct about specifics if you find a particular place and have any questions.

One thing most people seem to forget is that Tuscany is a pretty big area - you can go mountains, hills, country, seaside, etc.

If you want something in Florence, and apartment instead of a villa, do let me know.

Thanks -
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I have a relative with an apartment in Rome that he rents. Of course, Rome is not Tuscany...but let me know if you're interested
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

pipanale wrote:I have a relative with an apartment in Rome that he rents. Of course, Rome is not Tuscany...but let me know if you're interested
I'm sorry for butting in here... but I am interested in the apartment in Rome. 4 of us are going in May; can I have the details (location, beds, rates, etc)?

More importantly, do you like this relative? :D
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

thanks everyone !!

my husband loved Italy so much he wants to go back for a good long time, rent a house, and invite his brothers from Ireland over for a visit.

:)
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

pipanale wrote:I have a relative with an apartment in Rome that he rents. Of course, Rome is not Tuscany...but let me know if you're interested
I want to know more about this! Can you get me a deal??? :)
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Terry

Post by Terry »

Marryanne,
Didn't you just go to Italy? Did I miss the trip report? Where did you stay in Rome?
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

This is the link to the place in Rome.
http://www.romarentals.net/detail.php?numero=152

"Relative", in this case, is a relative term. Claude...as we call him...was more or less an unofficial exchange student who came to visit us one summer in about 1990 and left us about 9 years later. Like the older, decidedly hairier, older brother I never wanted.

But...he and his wife are good folk (she's a reporter on Rai 3) and they own and rent the apartment. I haven't seen it in person, and any reviews involving scorpions are simply my younger brother being a pain in the ass ever since Claude and I killed his pet scorpion some 18 years ago.

PM me if you want me to reach out and see what I can do. They owe me so many things at this point, we plan to send both girls to Italy when they're older for whatever the heck a teenage girl does in Rome.

Let me rethink that last sentence.
caribechris

Post by caribechris »

We went to Italy last year and used http://www.parkervillas.com/
and it worked out great. We rented in Umbria,the house was wonderful.

We also stayed in Cinque Terre, found an apartment using the internet and rented from the owner, that worked out well too!

In Rome we stayed in a hotel.

Have a great time,it is my second favorite destination!!

I cannot wait to go back again!
Chris
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

thanks for this latest information... !

yes, Terry, we did just go to Italy.... sorry, no report. I had just recovered from swine flu when we left and when we got home, I had (and am still recovering from) pneumonia..

thank you for suggesting the GPS... what a difference it made.. we also rented the exact car I own so that made things easy too... (although the poor GPS was confused when we tried to drive into Florence while the Florence Marathon was going on !! Thank God my husband grew up driving in narrow streets in Ireland)

we stayed at Villa Spalletti Trivelli in Rome... oh my, it was wonderful!! only 12 rooms, formerly a private home over near the president's house (Quirinale Palace)...

my husband loved italy so much he is pushing to go back and rent a house for a longer period next fall..

November was a fabulous time to go... I realize it can be a rainy month but we had gorgeous spring-like weather... I was surprised that the Tuscan countryside was still so beautiful, didn't realize the climate was so temperate... (although, of course, the Italians were in their down parkas while we were walking around with no coats)... but hmmm....maybe that is why i caught pneumonia.... :roll: