Polar Bear coolers 2 for 1 sale

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
liamsaunt

Polar Bear coolers 2 for 1 sale

Post by liamsaunt »

For all my fellow cooler luggers :wink:

I got a postcard stating that Polar Bear Coolers is offering buy one cooler get one free through the end of the year. I thought some people might want to take advantage for holiday shopping or upcoming trips. Website is polarbearcoolers.com and the coupon code is "2112."

Don't forget to buy the techni ice too! :lol:
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

Awesome. Thanks. I just ordered 2 of them. I saved $44.95...YAY
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thanks for the "heads-up"! I didn't take advantage of the sale last year and I regetted it this past summer!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Thanks Becky. I have not been a "cooler person" in the past, but I'm reconsidering for our January/February trip---would be nice to have some staples from home. I assume you carry it on with you. What size works well as a carryon? The 24-pack? The 48-pack? Something else? Thanks so much.
---Jim
Pia

Post by Pia »

We have the 24 pack and it is great but we just had to throw it away as the zipper corroded.

If anyone wants to buy 2 but only needs 1 we would get another 24 cooler and if you would bring it down with you, you could use it while you are here and then leave it with us and it would be our new one - of course we would pay you the sale price for the it :)

I tried to order our new one but it is $100 International shipping :(

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I'm not an STJ cooler person, but our hard sided beach coolers have seen better days.

With the 2 for 1, do you pay for the most expensive? or do they just take 50% off your order.

thanks for the heads-up.
janet
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Pia wrote:We have the 24 pack and it is great but we just had to throw it away as the zipper corroded.

If anyone wants to buy 2 but only needs 1 we would get another 24 cooler and if you would bring it down with you, you could use it while you are here and then leave it with us and it would be our new one - of course we would pay you the sale price for the it :)

I tried to order our new one but it is $100 International shipping :(

Pia
I don't think I need them but I'm happy to bring them down for you if there's someone down there you can share with.
I'm thinking it wouldn't cost me $100 to send them USPS either, happy to do that too. Let me know.
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

jayseadee - I ordered a 24-pack (49.95) and a 12-pack (39.95). They took $44.95 off my order. So it looks like they added the 2 together and took 1/2 off. Then there was still tax and shipping of course.

I also ordered 3 techni-ice things. Are those reusable or just a one time use? can someone help me out with that?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

iowaguy, I check my coolers because I use techni ice and it's considered a liquid by the TSA. I have only lost one cooler ever. Ironically, it was on a non-stop flight! The bag never made it on the plane, I guess. The airline did offer to bring it to the villa, but it had been 72 hours and I had chicken in there...no thanks!

The 24 pack is carry on sized. I think the 48 might be too big. My new operating mode is to use the 24 pack as a carry on--I stuff it with my camera gear--and then check the 48 size with the food and techni ice. When I get to my destination, I stow the 48 pack and use the 24 pack for my beach cooler.

michigancouple, techni ice is reusable.
mahojim

Re: Polar Bear coolers 2 for 1 sale

Post by mahojim »

liamsaunt wrote:For all my fellow cooler luggers :wink:

I got a postcard stating that Polar Bear Coolers is offering buy one cooler get one free through the end of the year. I thought some people might want to take advantage for holiday shopping or upcoming trips. Website is polarbearcoolers.com and the coupon code is "2112."

Don't forget to buy the techni ice too! :lol:
Where can I buy techni-ice?
Smiles-
MJ
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

The techni-ice is also available on the polar bear site :)
janet
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

thanks for this info...been wanting one...I guess now is the time.
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

SjinNj, for me the appeal of the polar bear coolers is that they supposedly keep things frozen for a lot longer than a typical cooler. Someone (maybe Rick G?) did an experiment a while back and I believe it thawed after 36 hours.

I had one trip where, thanks to every possible flight/taxi/ferry delay you could think of, it took us 20 hours door to door from Boston, in July. Everything in the cooler was still hard frozen when we (FINALLY!) arrived.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED