Samuel Cottages pictures

Travel discussion for St. John
Sun4MySoul

Samuel Cottages pictures

Post by Sun4MySoul »

We stayed in Cottage #1, which is the closest to the street and had 2 double beds. All three cottages are a different distance from the street, have different views, and different bed configurations.

The cottage was basic and clean and the owners were very nice. Here are the interior pics that folks requested:

islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

:lol: :lol:

yahoooooo thank you!!! been wondering about the inside. not bad and excellent price. how was the a/c in the bedroom?? looking at next may hopefully.
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

no problems with the AC
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thanks! They look very basic and clean. And how much time do you spend inside, anyway? :lol:
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

yep thats right cal girl...just shower, eat and sleep and we are off to the next beach. :D
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Thanks for the info Sun.

Boy, that looks like a snow shovel behind the TV; I'm guessing it's not :)

BTW, where exactly are the cottages? Can you walk into town from there?
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

The cottages are up Centerline from the round-about. Just before the first big curve. You can walk to town from there. The walk back can be a sobering trip up the steep hill. :wink:
LMG

Post by LMG »

Love the island-style fridge. :)

That unit looks spruced up since I've seen it! Very nice. How was the noise in the evening & morning? I've stayed in Cruz Bay once and though by relative standards the morning noise wasn't bad, I remember it being quite a rude awakening from, say, Coral Bay.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

So sorry we missed you, Sun4mysoul! Our cell hardly worked at all on island. I said a hiya each time we passed by, though!
We stayed at Cruz Views #1, just up the hill from Samuel's, and the noise was no problem at all. Roosters was all we heard in the mornings, and I'm up by 6.
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

I definitely think the street noise, etc was a very rude awakening as opposed to Coral Bay. But that's just me.

Sorry I missed you Minde. I left on Wednesday, so I think you were probably saying hello to the next renters. I bet they didn't mind. :lol:
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Sun,

Did you do the Caneel Hill hike with Andy? What did you think? TR soon come?

N
NancyB
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

Nancy-
I did do the Caneel/Margaret Hill Trail from Cruz Bay over to the Caneel property. I thought the trip up to the Caneel Overlook was worth it, but after that, it was mostly torture with little reward. :lol:

Andy slept late and went to Jakes for Bloody Marys while he waited for the phone call to pick me up at Caneel. :wink:

TR will have to wait a couple of weeks. I just started a new job and we're working 15 hour days for awhile.

Congrats on your new ticker!! 8)
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Sun,

Congrats on the new job. If your travels bring you to Philly, let us know. Ron and I would love to buy you a drink.

I haven't continued that hike to Caneel. We've headed towards it but then followed the spur to Margaret Hill where there is a great view from a huge boulder.

N
NancyB
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

Ah yes, I climbed to the top of the huge boulder, but since they've re-built the lookout at the top of Caneel Hill, nothing can beat that view. Was the lookout there when you went up? It looked new-ish to me.

The new job has me in Pittsburgh. Too far from Philly, of course. Guess I better book a trip for May if I want to claim that drink! :lol:
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Yes, the lookout was there and it is fabulous. We were talking to someone about how they got all the supplies up there - must have been a huge task.

Definitely book for May - the drink is yours to claim :) We're looking at May 8-22.

N
NancyB