Jeep Rental Question

Travel discussion for St. John
Taylor

Jeep Rental Question

Post by Taylor »

We are arriving on STJ on Thanksgiving day this year and Conrad Sutton's is not open (we usually rent from them).

That being the case,I checked out the rental companies that seemed to have parking in town...for easy in town access. Looks like Cool Breeze, St. John Car Rental, Courtesy and Bougainvilla are the available selections.

Does anybody have any preferences that they would like to share? Any input would be appreciated.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We used Bougainvillea on our 3 trips to STJ and thought they were great. No problems and they accommodate late check-ins on Sunday evenings, which is when we normally arrive. Their Jeeps were fine with no problems. They have plenty of parking, however its a couple block walk into town, depending upon where you are going. They are located up the street from Woody's near the school (where Schnell Studios are). Its sort of across the circle from Dolphin Market. The walk was no problem for us, but if you want a much shorter walk, you would do better with a place right in town.
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

We have used St John Car Rental the last few trips without any problems. Close to town for parking, but they have a small lot.
Deb
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I've been renting from STJ Car Rental for over a decade. They are wonderful and convenient to town and we've always gotten great cars from them.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Tam-MO

Post by Tam-MO »

I second Gromit on St John Car Rental. Have used them three times and have had great cars and great service. We usually go in Oct or Nov and have never had any problems parking in their lot when in town at night for dinner or shopping during the day. It is a pretty small lot though.
lexi

Post by lexi »

I've rented from St. John Car Rental in the past and haven't had a problem parking in their lot. Plus it's a great location in town.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thanks so much to everyone that responded. I really appreciate the input. I'll be contact St. John Car Rental today!

Best,
T.
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

We rented a 5 passenger Nitro from them a couple of weeks ago. The car was great and parking in the lot was fine everytime except once. We drove up the narrow ramp and realized that not only was the lot full, there was not enough room to even turn the car around. So we had to back down the ramp. This took me about 30 minutes and required two people giving me directions. If you have any doubts, I would send someone up the ramp on foot to be sure there is room.