Puerto Vallarta Photos

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Puerto Vallarta Photos

Post by California Girl »

Here are some photos from my January trip to Puerto Vallarta with my boss & the girls. Enjoy! :)

http://www.pbase.com/thegripps/puerto_vallarta
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Weird, I thought I posted a reply earlier but must have not hit submit.

Those are great shots Margo. The Jan 22 sunset is beautiful. Question....I've never been to Mexico. How is the water temp on the Pacific side? I don't see anyone in the water in your photos.
California Girl

Although they take snorkeling cruises out, we didn't go on one. And you wouldn't want to go into the water at the Westin beach because all kinds of trash was floating up on to the beach...plastic bottles, cigarette butts, whole onions :?: :shock: and all kinds of stuff! (not to mention Portuguese Man O' War, which are probably just seasonal). Needless to say, other than the cold pools at the Westin, we didn't go in the water. :roll:
bevm

Post by bevm »

Pretty to look at but why go if you can't swim...Hi Margo!!! Miss you.... :cry:
California Girl

I agree Bev. I'd like to go back sometime without Sandy... we would have gone snorkeling & done some other things if the situation had been different. :?
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

Margo, I stayed at this property in 2000 with a few of my friends from Girl Scouts. It's a beautiful resort, we went at the end of Feb. The ocean was very cold, but the pool wasn't too bad. It's funny, because we also ate at the Brasil, I still tell people about that place, it was soo much fun! The prices were more than reasonable and the food was yummy (as long as you like meat!) Thanks for bringing back the memories.
Deb
lprof

Post by lprof »

...am always happy to see your photos and these do not disappoint...thanks for taking me there.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

We stayed at the timeshare side of the Westin in June of 2001. It was a gift from a timeshare owner....for our honeymoon. Overall very nice resort, but there was no beach at all. From your pics it looks as if they brought sand in. It used to be just rocks, no sand....well maybe a couple feet of it, but no beach like you would think of. But, yeah the pools were amazing. Great resort compound in general. I remember going to a little taco place in a strip mall area just before you get to the westin. Awesome little taco joint....we must of ate there everyday for lunch. My wife and I still crave their tacos when we talk about it!

We did a snorkeling trip to some island about an hour ride west. Some bird island....actually had really good snorkeling, but the smell from all the birds on the island was gross. Needless to say we did not pop our head out of water much. Still remember jumping in and seeing dozens of king angelfish swimming all around us....it was a good snorkel.

Thanks for posting your pics, brought it back for me.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:21 am.