Is Iran a Surprising Place?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
sherban

Post by sherban »

Threads like this suck IMHO. I liked this forum better when this political BS wasn't a part of it...
Just cut this crap out, it is a waste of intelect.
Listen to some music, go to a museam, hug a kid, get real.
linne

Post by linne »

quote="soxfan22"][quote="linne"]I
I opened this topic, because Iran was a new subject, and I got curious. But how disappointing it is to follow it.

I'm not sure what was disppointing about my OP:

Sox, from my view there was nothing wrong with your question, and there was nothing wrong with CA Girl's answer - having a different opinon about if this question should be asked or not. It was the tone in the following, which disappointed me. For me it seems, as if you see yourself as a "saviour", who has the duty to convert all the "infidels" on the forum - the liberals. But it also seems, as if this is "Mission Impossible" without a happy ending. Not worth your efforts to continue.

Linne
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

sherban wrote:Threads like this suck IMHO. I liked this forum better when this political BS wasn't a part of it...
Just cut this crap out, it is a waste of intelect.
Listen to some music, go to a museam, hug a kid, get real.
Well put Sherban!
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

This thread is really at the bottom. It is in the “Off Topic” section of the forum, but I still think the political side of things should be kept out, but it is not up to me. All I can offer is an opinion. I don’t think sox did anything wrong in his initial post, but it’s the way it all came down that just sent it into a tailspin. People pointing fingers at him or her or stating people have no lives. Seriously, who are we to judge one’s life? As far as I am concerned everyone on this forum appears to be pretty good people and each one of us brings our own little character to the discussion and offers help when people post questions.

If they post something and you don‘t like it, don’t participate in the discussion. Nothing says you have to. Anthony can’t control everything on here. That would be time consuming. As far as I know I haven’t seen Sheriff Badges handed out either so take it as you will.

Just my opinion!
Life begins where the land ends!
Connie

Post by Connie »

As far as I know I haven’t seen Sheriff Badges handed out either so take it as you will.

Hey Sox...I think that's the best thing I heard on this thread.

Been away for the weekend, so I'm catching up.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Read above... there are several people on this website who have deputized themselves and think they ARE the Sheriff in town. They are so wrong, but eh, whats new?
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Okay here's my comment. To all of the conservatives, of which I am one, that feel the absolute need to post political comments on what is travel forum, may I suggest there are many good conservative blogs that will receive your comments. On those blogs you will find quite a few bright like minded folks. Just make sure what your post makes sense.

If you need help in finding them, just let me know. But give it a rest on a travel forum.

And best to quote from other than AP news stories.
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

OK PromoGuy, fair enough. I give.
Does food count too? Lots of Food Forums !
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Now, now Davey, you really didn't get it did you.
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

POT / KETTLE there is enough BLACK to go around.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Yes sir, I got it.

I don't care what topic is posted on the off topic forum. What does bother me so, is the fact that there are a few who feel compelled to tell others what they can and can't post. Contrary to what most people on here think, there is only one reason for this forum. For an individual entrepreneur to make money be ME using his advertisers. As long as I do that and comply with the rules as they are written today, (wait till Obama calls) I can post or read any post I want.

I like to read Sox, NJ, Cypress, to name a few. They think like me, but unlike me, they can express it, I am obviously not good at it.
djmom

Post by djmom »

I'm thinking of going over to a political forum and just randomly posting in their Off Topic area about the Virgin Islands several times a week. Since a large amount of them don't go to the Virgin Islands, I am going to tell them how stupid they are and how much the places they go suck.

And maybe once a month I'll respond to a On Topic political post, but I'll usually give an answer that somehow weaves in the Virgin Islands and the fact that everywhere but the Virgin Islands sucks.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
jmq

Post by jmq »

djmom wrote:I'm thinking of going over to a political forum and just randomly posting in their Off Topic area about the Virgin Islands several times a week. Since a large amount of them don't go to the Virgin Islands, I am going to tell them how stupid they are and how much the places they go suck.

And maybe once a month I'll respond to a On Topic political post, but I'll usually give an answer that somehow weaves in the Virgin Islands and the fact that everywhere but the Virgin Islands sucks.
Now that is LOL funny. Good one djmom
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

In my politest tone possible, "Dude, the ship has sailed." Never said it would be legal in all 50 states tomorrow. People, not so long ago, thought separate education was equal and separate water fountains were ok and that you should tie a lefties hand behind their back to force them to write right handed.

Love and inclusion and tolerance always win over hate and bigotry.