DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

FF, sorry, I'm more of a black and white, good and evil, type of person. My daughter in NOT comdemmed. I have total faith in God that He has a plan for her life that is good.

I don't think the Bible is open to all sorts of interpretations that suit whoever reads it, any more than I believe the Constitution is a living, breathing document. We seem to have nothing in common, and I have lots to do today, so I'll say....God bless you all. Have a great day!! :D
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

flip-flop wrote: By extention than the rest of us -- all minorities, women, gays, etc -- have been screwed in the courts of old white men for a very long time. Again, welcome to the new world! :)
Again I will remind you that it was old, white, DEMOCRAT PARTY men who screwed Clarence Thomas. And I don't recall the great seekers of truth and justice Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson coming to his aid (probably because they thought old Clarence "wasn't black enough"...whatever that means).

And it was old white DEMOCRAT PARTY men who lynched blacks in the south and ran the KKK.

It was for the most part, old, white, DEMOCRAT PARTY men who spent six months disparaging Sarah Palin. You see, the women's movement only applies if your ideology is in line with a liberal, nanny-state agenda. If not, go screw! No opposing viewpoints allowed here!

Open-minded? - mmmmm, not exactly.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

flip-flop wrote:
toes in the sand wrote:
flip-flop wrote:Go ahead ... bring the fight on that one. Alienate women and hispanics. Shhhhhh, don't tell them these are HUGE swing voting blocks they need. Further marginalize the republican party. It will save us a lot of campaign money in the future.
I see. Politics is all about apeasing minorities. That just makes me want to achive that lesbian status even more.
Well it used to be about fear mongering but Bush went back to Texas.
Oh don't worry, fear mongering is alive and well at 1600 Pennsylvania
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

cypressgirl wrote:FF, sorry, I'm more of a black and white, good and evil, type of person. My daughter in NOT comdemmed. I have total faith in God that He has a plan for her life that is good.

I don't think the Bible is open to all sorts of interpretations that suit whoever reads it, any more than I believe the Constitution is a living, breathing document. We seem to have nothing in common, and I have lots to do today, so I'll say....God bless you all. Have a great day!! :D
I am so VERY confused. Perhaps condemned was a poor choice of word. Simply put, there there is heaven and hell? Good people who follow God's will go to heaven. The rest of us go to hell.

I am not judging you or your daughter. It is my belief that she is who she is and it is not a choice and thus she is not sinning or immoral. It is your religion that tells you otherwise (not all of Christianity agrees - Christian Conservatives yes, but not all Christians). My only point is that if I were you, that would NOT leave me in a state of peace. I would be distraught.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

toes in the sand wrote:
flip-flop wrote:
toes in the sand wrote: I see. Politics is all about apeasing minorities. That just makes me want to achive that lesbian status even more.
Well it used to be about fear mongering but Bush went back to Texas.
And don't forget we are not far away from the old traditional majority being the minority in this country.

According to the US census bureau, the dominance of non-Hispanic white people, who today account for two-thirds of Americans, will be whittled away, falling steadily to less than half in 2042 and 46% by 2050. In the opposite trajectory, those who describe themselves as Hispanic, black, Asian and Native American will increase in proportion from about a third now to 54% by 2050.

That doesn't scare me even a little bit and I am as white as white comes. Though I can get a nice tan. That minority being appeased will soon perhaps look a bit different.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/au ... ation.race
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

SJfromNJ wrote:My question for you Pete is if you do not want to know God while you are alive on Earth, why the heck would you want to spend eternity with God?
I never said that I wanted to spend eternity with god. I simply was asking Cypressgirl for clarification of her views.

I don't believe in the same notion of "god" as you, Cypress, etc. So,yes, I am okay with not spending eternity with something I do not believe exists in the form in which you believe it does.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
toes in the sand

flip-flop wrote:
toes in the sand wrote:
flip-flop wrote: Well it used to be about fear mongering but Bush went back to Texas.
And don't forget we are not far away from the old traditional majority being the minority in this country.

According to the US census bureau, the dominance of non-Hispanic white people, who today account for two-thirds of Americans, will be whittled away, falling steadily to less than half in 2042 and 46% by 2050. In the opposite trajectory, those who describe themselves as Hispanic, black, Asian and Native American will increase in proportion from about a third now to 54% by 2050.

That doesn't scare me even a little bit and I am as white as white comes. Though I can get a nice tan. That minority being appeased will soon perhaps look a bit different.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/au ... ation.race
If you believe that in the future, a middleaged, heterosexual, white male will be provided the same protections and advantages that are afforded those of minority status today I have another glass of kool-aid an island to sell you.

You actually read the Guardian? Hmmmmmmm.....that clears up a lot.
Last edited by toes in the sand on Fri May 29, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Lex

Post by Lex »

I'm getting a little worried now. Does anyone know if Gandhi is in hell? And is that where the Dalai Lama is going to end up if he doesn't make some big changes?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
toes in the sand

Lex wrote:Toes--

Huh?

Seems to be something I'm missing.
Lex wrote: And this forum is so unique in having sort of resident trolls. Trolls usually hit and run. Pop up on forum, jerk people around, create a bit of a mess, then disappear. This forum has resident trolls who appear periodically to provoke, then lay low for a while before resurfacing.
Huh?
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

flip-flop wrote:
cypressgirl wrote:FF, sorry, I'm more of a black and white, good and evil, type of person. My daughter in NOT comdemmed. I have total faith in God that He has a plan for her life that is good.

I am so VERY confused. Perhaps condemned was a poor choice of word. Simply put, there there is heaven and hell? Good people who follow God's will go to heaven. The rest of us go to hell.

I am not judging you or your daughter. It is my belief that she is who she is and it is not a choice and thus she is not sinning or immoral. It is your religion that tells you otherwise (not all of Christianity agrees - Christian Conservatives yes, but not all Christians). My only point is that if I were you, that would NOT leave me in a state of peace. I would be distraught.
Lucky you.......you're not me.

FYI....my daughter had one boyfriend or another from the time she was in 5th grade to the week before she left for college. I've seen her with boys and she didn't look like she was having a bad time. I've seen her heart broken when her best friend stole her boy friend. She was NOT born this way. It's cool to be a lesbiean now, especially in college, and she's always been cool. She is also a proclaimed Christian. Like I said, I KNOW God has a good plan for her life and the enemy want's me to be heart broken and defeated. The more I read posts like yours, the stronger it makes my faith, and the better I feel about my daughter's future. Thank you for that.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

SJfromNJ wrote: I do know what the Bible says about how to get to heaven. Rememer this, you can not earn you way to heaven. The price has been paid for you alredy. I guess the question for them is did they accept the invitation?

You have told me in the above post and elsewhere that entry to heaven is not related to whether the individual has sinned. Because, as you have said, Christ already has died for our sins, i.e., that's what you meant above by, "the price has been paid for you already." Instead, to get to heaven, one needs to embrace Christ and "accept" his invitation.

So, let me ask you this: if a homosexual were to embrace Christ and accept his invitation, could the homosexual get into heaven? And, if god would bestow upon homosexuals a gift as great as heaven, do you think that he would really care if they were allowed to get married while still on earth? And finally, if your god wouldn't care, why are you disagreeing with him?
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Lex

Post by Lex »

toes in the sand wrote:
Lex wrote:Toes--

Huh?

Seems to be something I'm missing.
Lex wrote: And this forum is so unique in having sort of resident trolls. Trolls usually hit and run. Pop up on forum, jerk people around, create a bit of a mess, then disappear. This forum has resident trolls who appear periodically to provoke, then lay low for a while before resurfacing.
Huh?

Toesin--

FYI--Check to see if your "Submit" button is maybe stuck or something. It seems to have resubmitted a previous post of yours.