Rental ideas?

Travel discussion for St. John
SunnySal

Rental ideas?

Post by SunnySal »

I am new to the forum, but have been to St John 15 times in the last 15 years. The house we usually stay at (Nautilus) is booked for the dates we want next year. We are looking at the following replacements.Any thoughts?

1. Dream Catcher
2. Island Time
3. The Stone House-Great Cruz Bay
4. Poinciana

Any other ideas would be welcome. We would like to stay in the Great Cruz Bay to Rendezvous Bay area. Off-season prices around 250 to 300/day. Just two of us. Don't need a pool or hot tub. Thanks for any help!
I believe there is magic here...
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Idon't know anything about the other houses but Island Time is fabulous. We stayed there end of Feb to early March and it was absolutely perfect. It isn't big but perfect for 2 couples. The second bedroom is in a separate cabana-like building attached to the main house. Both bedrooms are the same size (queen beds) and both bathrooms are great. There is an outside shower off of the cabana but also an indoor shower. The views are unbeatable with no distractions. The pool was finished in November and is great. Not too big but just right for after beach dipping with drinks while watching a perfect sunset. There is also a hot tub next to the pool which we used a few times. Let me tell you, grab it now because believe me the price will go up soon. As you can tell we loved it and hopefully will go back next year and stay there again.
papabou

Post by papabou »

island time has bedroom ac and similar views to nautilus, just from a lower vantage point. i believe that's naut's red roof on bluff across mouth of choc hole in i times's last picture over pool.

poinicia looks nice and great views of hart bay and the normal great surf sounds but you'll be backwards entire stay there since view is to east and you'll see sun rises not sunsets. also don't believe poin has ac in bedrooms and nautilus's bedroom ac and large cover porch made her very comfortable during a warm oct stay for us.

have considered dream catcher but passed due to direct west sun exposure in afternoon w/o a real covered porch or deck (none better than naut).

good luck

papabou