DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Preakness Picks

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

What a pretty girl that Rachael Alexandra is. This is going to be interesting.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

How's that for girl power? 8)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

If I give you 5.00 will you place a bet for me?? You are way more into horse racing than I am. I just love to look at the most beautiful animals on the planet. I actually happened to be channel surfing and caught the race today. I don't have a clue who is good and who is just lucky. :oops: But horse racing at this level certainly has a certain glamour that no other sport has.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Sj...why does the filly get a 5 pound weight allowance? I didn't know that until your post.

I think the outside position actually helped her. Much was made of the fact that no horse ever has won from the 13th position, but in this case it kept her out of the fray and allowed her to run clean.

It was an exciting race. Mine That Bird needed to either break a bit earlier, or to have had the track extended by 20 yards.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Chet

Post by Chet »

SJfromNJ wrote:Mine That Bird is just happy to sit in the back for the first half of the race and then make a bold charge to the front. His late kick is one of the best I've seen. This time he could not go up the rail, like he did in the Derby. He had to swing to the outside and thread his way through the field. That may have cost him a bit. The filly was able to get clear of most of the feild except for Big Drama who kept her a bit wide early. She is a great race horse and her record shows it.
The best line at Pimlico is 15' off the rail. The rail is a bit soft.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:24 pm.