DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
Splasher54

Post by Splasher54 »

Also, they are building a villa right below Hakuna Matata (the next house down the hill towards Cinnamon)
It wasn't too noisy, but there were alot of bigger trucks on the road that we had to work around in our travels. It should be done by december though.....Look at Bongo Bongo!
These shots didn't post on my last post!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Jorge, what about Rapture? I just watched the video on Jeff's web site. It looks like it might suit you :)
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Splasher - THAT is why my knuckles were white the whole trip when we stayed at Hakuna Matata (from grabbing the "Oh Sh** Bar" worried that our Cherokee wouldn't make those hairpin turns (at least the turns were cemented).

I am with Splasher as far as the smaller car suggestion. An Escape, Grand Vitara or Liberty would have been fine. In the Cherokee, we just took the turns wide - actually I NEVER drove on that rode.

The view from Hakuna Matata makes the road to and from worth it. We prefered to go down to the villa from Centerline and leave the villa coming out on the North Shore road right above Cinnamon Bay.

nothintolose
mia

Post by mia »

Hi Jorge,
I love the looks of Hakuna Matata...one of my favorites. I just came across two other villas while looking for our 2008 trip to St. John....both look fantastic.

http://www.suitestjohn.com/PeaceandPlen ... lenty.html

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/ultimate/ ... /index.asp

Didn't know if you had seen them....mia
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
KPlumm

Post by KPlumm »

Hi Jorge

I hope that I don't regret asking - but why do you feel compelled to pick up the entire tab? I bet your friends would be willing to contribute their portion. :?
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I get it Jorge. We are planning on doing that in the future. We want to get the villa, then say "come and join us" we have a room for you. We are hoping that if they only have to worry about the cost of getting there, that they will come.
We have been lookiing at going right after Christmas, because most everyone can get off of work/school then, but the prices are so much higher for a nice, big villa (or villas).
Good luck finding the right place!!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Jorge,
You are a great friend. We don't have the means to do that on that big of a scale but we have been known to tell our "not so well off" friends that we got a great deal on a hotel room for a weekend away and pick up most of the tab.
It isn't buying friends, it is making sure that the time you spend having fun is with the right people.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

You said it alot better than I did, Jorge. We want my brother and sister and their families with us on vacation, no matter what. We don't mind paying for the place as long as that gets them there with us. We don't like hanging with the blue bloods much either;)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I'm your friend Jorge :)
Kidding my friend... really..... I think that's called "sharing the wealth". good for you! hopefully everyone does it to the degree they are comfortable with in their own lives. It just makes for nicer living.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Ok, I'm going to chime in on this one. When my friend and her husband, and their friend and their daughter & her husband all wanted to go along, I told them we'd need a big villa and we would divide the cost evenly. Then everyone bailed for different reasons (certainly not the cost). So I booked the villa I wanted, without regard to anyone else except my husband. Then my friend told me she was sad that none of her krewe wanted to go, because she still wanted to. Well.... since I had booked a 2 bdr. villa, in my best Bob Barker voice said "C'monnn down!" Then I found out the villa would be a little over $200 more for a 3rd person. I told her if she would pick up the extra cost, we would foot the rest of the bill because that's what we had expected to pay anyway. We are also paying for the rental car, because we would anyway. All she had to do was pay for her plane fare and $200+ (and food of course) and she gets a week on STJ for a fabulous price! We are all real happy about the way it's working out, and we all feel it's fair to everyone concerned. :D
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

It sounds like it is working out great Calif. Girl. I hope you all have a fabulous time!!
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

Hey Jorge. Kellee is right. It difinitely takes all four of us to get really crazy, or at least it seems that way when we are together, cause we always do!!!!!. We are going to have so much fun.
I vote for Hakuna Matata for sure unless you want to do Kismet. It is in the chocolate hole area. Rapture is very good also. For a Northshore view, Hakuna Matata is the bomb. We stayed right up from it 2 trips ago.