Last minute questions

Travel discussion for St. John
mindehankins

Last minute questions

Post by mindehankins »

We'll be there Monday!!! We have a couple of last minute questions:
The swine flu problem means that I'm going to need to call my clinic for about 20 minutes a day. Verizon is $1/minute. What's the cheapest way to do this?

Do Conrad Sutton and Cinnamon Bay Campground accept debit cards, or do we need cash for them?
Thanks all!
Pia

Post by Pia »

I do not believe debit cards are accepted at most places on STJ :( - I have seen many a person being turned down at many places - but again I don't know as I don't own one and only use a credit card.

Pia
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

I used a pay phone at Concordia that was a great deal maybe 5min for $1 or something like that. Not sure where you are staying, this may be a bit out of the way. Also I had a trac phone that I was able to use in many places around the island. These can be picked up pretty cheap at CVS or Walmart, I think I bought one at family dollar before. It's a prepaid phone so no surprise roaming charges. Sometimes it will charge you 2 units per minute instead of one unit, but still very affordable.

Have A great time, you are going to LOVE it.
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

You can also bring a pre-paid phone card and use the phone in hotel, villa, or a pay phone. Minutes are cheap if you buy in bulk.
JJShaw

Re: Last minute questions

Post by JJShaw »

mindehankins wrote:We'll be there Monday!!! We have a couple of last minute questions:
The swine flu problem means that I'm going to need to call my clinic for about 20 minutes a day. Verizon is $1/minute. What's the cheapest way to do this?

Do Conrad Sutton and Cinnamon Bay Campground accept debit cards, or do we need cash for them?
Thanks all!
Im with Pia...Im pretty sure Conrads doesnt accept them as with CB..one thing we have found as well...Discover isnt accepted as widely either. I would call to make sure...but Im thinking...they do not.
[/url]
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We always take a prepaid calling card so we can call from the villa phone.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Do minutes count the same as here in the continental US?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:03 pm.